Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumper caught. Woohooo

Options
  • 09-09-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thought I'd share this.

Some b'tard has been dumping shopping bags of rubbish frequently for c. 2 years around my home. It's been driving me nuts. He even threw it over the fence into the garden on a few occasions. And he dumps in front of an elderly ladies home.

Well, he's dropped the ball and left some evidence in one of the bags. I called the Litter Warden and they're coming round next week.

One less in the world.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Nice one ;),fecking retards,i hope they get a huge fine and public noticed.

I saw in the Kildare Post yesterday the KCC publishing the names of persons and Co`s recentley prosecuted for litter offences :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Actually, I've retracted the complaint. Spoke to a local 'elder' yesterday and he informed me that the guy has hit very hard times and it didn't sit well with me to get him into more hot water. I'm going to write an anonymous letter to him. Needs a fair bit of thought though to ensure he doesn't shift his pattern elsewhere. I'll be checking the local neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

E39MSport wrote: »
    Actually, I've retracted the complaint. Spoke to a local 'elder' yesterday and he informed me that the guy has hit very hard times and it didn't sit well with me to get him into more hot water. I'm going to write an anonymous letter to him. Needs a fair bit of thought though to ensure he doesn't shift his pattern elsewhere. I'll be checking the local neighbourhood.

Are you trying to troll?

Ok, lets clarify that comment. You are in a unique position to crucify this guy for dumping, something a lot of people affected by these pricks would give their right arm for, but you decide not to go ahead because of the poor widdle fellas economic situation. I personally think he is the scum of the earth and deserves anything you could throw at him.

You will not get a good reception from anyone on here for this. Do the right thing and follow it through, dont let this guy off because "he has hit hard times". Poor fella, lucky you had your garden, otherwise those bin fees might have really driven him to the streets.

Hi. What does that mean?

To be blunt, dob the bastard in. Dont let him off. His financial situation is not your problem. His dumping is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lynamhairycake

Sorry but this is a load of crap. Do you really think this will change his behaviour? I'm guessing that he will just continue to dump, just somewhere else.

Think about it - he is happy to leave his mess for someone else to clean up, either by being a parasite on someone else's bins, or getting you or someone else to do it. Don't be a fool, report this guy to the warden.

I can't. I spoke by chance to my nearest neighbour who doesn't know the dude that well but says he is on very hard financial and health times. I'm gonna give him a chance to stop by himself and keep an eye out. I won't hesitate to report him if I see it happening again. I'd expect him to do it elsewhere if he plans to ignore me so I'll go out of my way the odd time to keep an eye out.

The difficult part here was finding out who the offender was which I've managed to do. It's a very rural area and some of the locals are now aware so that's probably punishment enough for him.

I can't. I spoke by chance to my nearest neighbour who doesn't know the dude that well but says he is on very hard financial and health times. I'm gonna give him a chance to stop by himself and keep an eye out. I won't hesitate to report him if I see it happening again. I'd expect him to do it elsewhere if he plans to ignore me so I'll go out of my way the odd time to keep an eye out.

So as long as it doesnt affect you anymore you are ok.

Jumpy wrote: »
    So as long as it doesnt affect you anymore you are ok.
    dude, to be fair, that's not what I said. I said I will be going out of my way to check the locaility. I know what he dumps and can spot it. I've also been taking my car out and cleaning outside other peoples houses and local roads where he has dumped so I'm satisfied that I am not offloading the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

You said he recently fell on hard times but yet he has been dumping his rubbish for two years,why wont he go and explain his position to the powers that be and get free bin tags.He deserves to be reported cause he wont stop,someone else will be dumped upon.

• Advertisement

dude, to be fair, that's not what I said. I said I will be going out of my way to check the locaility. I know what he dumps and can spot it. I've also been taking my car out and cleaning outside other peoples houses and local roads where he has dumped so I'm satisfied that I am not offloading the problem.

Yeah sorry maybe a slight overreaction but either way, this is not for you to be doing! Its the Litter warden that should be sorting this out now.

I'll give him a chance and see what happens. Will update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PEPPI

Did anyone ever tell you "no good deed ever goes unpunished":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Any chance you could just approach him, and ask him to stop? If he has hit hard times, as you suggest, then he has access to subsidised waste collection, surely? What's with all the dancing around and whispering. Approach the guy and explain it to him.

If he still persists, then at least he does so in the knowledge of the illegality of his actions and how they put others out. He deserves to be reported/fined in that case.

Not a chance.

What's the point in risking a possible protracted feud if they don't handle it well? Bad enough that the person thinks they can dump their crap on me and others, I don't want anything else that they have to offer.

There was no dancing or whispering involed. Just a strongly worded letter which has done the trick.

I've caught someone else however and informed the council in that case.

2 less in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Jumpy wrote: »
    Are you trying to troll?
    Ok, lets clarify that comment. You are in a unique position to crucify this guy for dumping, something a lot of people affected by these pricks would give their right arm for, but you decide not to go ahead because of the poor widdle fellas economic situation. I personally think he is the scum of the earth and deserves anything you could throw at him.

You will not get a good reception from anyone on here for this. Do the right thing and follow it through, dont let this guy off because "he has hit hard times". Poor fella, lucky you had your garden, otherwise those bin fees might have really driven him to the streets.

Well said!!
    I've caught someone else however and informed the council in that case.

2 less in the world.

Well done! but I would have followed the 2 cases up. What exactly defines financial hardship with the 1st guy? He could be on the dole, and working as well, so could be better off than many others. Also, he can afford the petrol to drive around the locality to dump the rubbish! If he was that hard up, why didn't he split it up into smaller bags and dump them in litter bins on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm going to write an anonymous letter to him. d.

Oh that'll learn him. He'll then know that someone has noticed he's doing it! He'll be mortified!

I doubt he'll give two ****s about an anonymous letter.

Well All, I chose to share the original news with you since it affects everyone. I'm satisfied that I took all things into consideration and made the right choice. That dumping has stopped.

I called the litter warden for the most recent incident and that's underway. I had no information made available to me regarding the offender so it was a straight forward choice. I believe that everything happens for a reason. 2 fines as there were 2 names in the bags.

I'll ignore the negative comments from some of you. I'll continue to pick up this offensive waste as I find it.

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Most low-income households can avail of a waiver on waste charges and Kildare County Council have a large number of waivers on their books. In some cases you will find that illegal dumpers are not actually from low income households and just dump to save on charges. Some low income househods may not be aware of the waiver system on domestic rubbish collection. It doesn't detract from the fact that illegal dumpers and litter louts are uncivilised people.

Advertisement