If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 37", 40" or 42"

• 09-09-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hope you can help.

Looking upgrade my existing Philips 32" LCD with a bigger model - 40" if they do them, but otherwise I'd be looking at 37" or 42", depending on price.

Other than the usual modern specs (1080p, 100hz etc.), I'm not really sure what else I should be looking for. I like the look of Ambilight, though last time I looked they were a bit out of my price range. I like the sound of Net TV too, but again I'm not sure what impact that would have on price.

I use my telly for Sky HD, plus PS3 and the very occasional Blu Ray.

Could someone give me a pointer as to my best options? I'd be looking to buy from the Philips shop, as I believe they accept One 4 All vouchers (just got married so have a few to get rid of ;) ).

The 42PFL9664 looks great for example - what kind of price would I be looking at for one of those? A lot, I'm guessing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash
    Hey Spav! Congratulations on your wedding and nice present to buy with all those vouchers!

I've PM'd you a few prices and spec links so have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks a million,

Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

One of the reasons I didn't go for the Net Tv was because my PS3 already has a browser, so I didn't really see the need

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.