Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone for 120

• 09-09-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

Just as it says - what's the best deal out there? Are there any phones I should avoid like the plague and who offers the best deals? I haven't bought a mobile phone in years (the past three I've owned have all been gifts.)

I could use a little guidance.

Cheers.

Ed: I'd prefer something on the meteor network. I don't need bluetooth or mp3. I wouldn't mind a touchscreen though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Nokia E 51 is deadly smeadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ed: I'd prefer something on the meteor network. I don't need bluetooth or mp3. I wouldn't mind a touchscreen though...

Based on this i would recommend the tocco lite. Its very popular at the moment, in your price range, touch screen and meteor stock it. Its a nice little phone, touch screen works good on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

My son would like the Samsung Tocco Lite but he's currently with 3, mainly uses phone for texting and using msn. 3 don't have this phone but if we get the Tocco Lite from Vodafone is it possible to get it unlocked and does it cost much to do so or is he better to change network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miginty

deisemum wrote: »
    My son would like the Samsung Tocco Lite but he's currently with 3, mainly uses phone for texting and using msn. 3 don't have this phone but if we get the Tocco Lite from Vodafone is it possible to get it unlocked and does it cost much to do so or is he better to change network?

Hi Deisemum,

If you buy a phone from any network these days it will cost you to get it unlocked. You may have to spend a certain amount on the credit to get the phone unlocked or the cheaper way wud be to bring the phone to one of the phone shops around town (not Vodafone / O2 or Meteor Store) but one of the little shops you see with all the different phones in the windows & they wud usually be able to unlock it 4 u .

Advertisement