Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual screening

Options
  • 09-09-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering about dual screening and my grapics card. My pc is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li3745... It has a Nvidia GT120(1GB) card in it (I know it's a crap card :P ). It has VGA DVI HDMI inputs on it, I'll just assume you cant' dual screen with any mix of them from the same card... :confused: I was wondering, I can't find any gt120's out there to see if I could run them together.. Would I be better off going for a higher end card to run along side this to use dual monitors?

I'm going to be doing a lot of UnrealEd, photoshop, 3dsmax and rendering stuff this year I hope so a decent graphics card in my machine with the dual monitors wouldn't hurt :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You can run a mix of two ports off the GT120 although being a cheap card it might have issues with using two digital-outs (DVI/HDMI) simultaneously. Wouldn't want to be playing with UnrealEd on a GT120 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Solitaire wrote: »
    You can run a mix of two ports off the GT120 although being a cheap card it might have issues with using two digital-outs (DVI/HDMI) simultaneously. Wouldn't want to be playing with UnrealEd on a GT120 though :D

Ah ok, cool thanks :D It doesn't do too badly at the moment with anything I've thrown at it, I've had UnrealEd 3ds Max and photoshop all running fine at the same time... Once AVG scan pops up with them on though, it struggles a lot :P As you can prob tell from the progs. I use, the second screen would help a lot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Do nothing about second monitors until ATI's Eyefinity is out in the wild, me thinks....

Advertisement