Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann Offers Students Wide Range of Early Morning Services to UCC and CIT

• 09-09-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=762&month=Sep
    Bus Éireann Offers Students Wide Range of Early Morning Services to UCC and CIT

Bus Éireann is reminding students attending UCC and CIT of its wide range of early services to the third-level institutions from across county Cork including new services to CIT.

Bus Éireann is operating early morning services direct to UCC and CIT from Mallow, Buttevant, Charleville, Bandon, Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Midleton, Knockraha, Whitegate, Kinsale and Youghal. Bus Éireann also operates services to the city centre from Fermoy and Newmarket from where customers can make onward connections to UCC and CIT. Students booking their tickets on-line at www.buseireann.ie receive a 10 per cent discount.

Bus Éireann has a range of great value ticket options available for students. These include weekly and monthly commuter tickets from just €15.50, as well as the Cork City Day saver which enables unlimited travel on all city routes on day of purchase for just €4.40. There are also special combined bus and rail tickets for customers using Midleton and Cobh rail services.

Tickets can also be purchased from Bus Éireann Travel Centre, Parnell Place, and Student Union Centres in UCC and CIT.

Students can now visit Bus Eireann’s Twitter site (http://twitter.com/buseireanndeals) and Facebook page for details on further special offers for students.

Bus Éireann early morning services direct or with connections to UCC and CIT include:

Knockraha: Dep. 07.50, Riverstown 08.00, Parnell Place 08.40, Statue 08.45 extended to U.C.C/C.I.T.

Charleville: Dep. 07.25, Buttevant 07.35, Mallow 07.50, Parnell Place 08.40 No. 5 to U.C.C./C.I.T

Youghal: Dep.07.10 & 07.20 serving Killeagh, Castlemartyr& Midleton Statue extended to C.I.T.

Whitegate: Dep. 07.10, Cloyne 07.25, Midleton 07.40, Carrigtwohill 07.50 via N25, Parnell Place 08.10, Statue 08.13 extended to U.C.C/C.I.T

Kinsale: Dep. 07.30, Belgooly 07.42, Riverstick 07.48, Farmers X 08.04, Cork Airport 08.06, Grand Parade 08.30 direct to C.I.T. via Washington Street

Bandon: Dep. 07.20, serving Innishannon 07.29, Halfway, Cullinanes X, Parnell Place 08.15

Carrigaline: Dep. 08.00, Parnell Place 08.30, No. 5 to U.C.C/C.I.T

Crosshaven: Dep. 07.35, Carrigaline 07.50 via Link Road to C.I.T./U.C.C.

Newmarket: Dep. 07.10, Kanturk 07.20, Ballymacquirke X 07.25, Mallow Town Park 07.45, Parnell Place 08.40

Fermoy: Dep. 07.30, Rathcormac 07.10, Watergrasshill 07.25, Glanmire 07.30, Parnell Place 08.00

Mitchelstown: Dep. 07.10, Fermoy 07.30, Watergrasshill 07.55, Sarsfield Court 08.07, Parnell Place 08.35

Wednesday, 9th September, 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

great news might save me a few drops of petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cit-gurl

Um, I checked journey planner on the Bus Eireann website and the buses seem to go to Parnell place only and not directly to cit? I thought at first it sounded like they were starting buses direct to college! Silly me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

From that article it sounds to me that it is to CIT, since they said "directly" to so you may not be silly at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

a direct bus from mallow to cit would be great.

wake up
    drive to mallow
    continue sleeping for an hour and a half
    be all fresh to listen to somebody whose name i cant mention talk about flux capacitors for 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

Does anybody know what date the service from carrigaline to CIT resumes? can't seam to find anything on bus eireann's website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

feeditout wrote: »
    Does anybody know what date the service from carrigaline to CIT resumes? can't seam to find anything on bus eireann's website.

For the last few years it starts on the day we go back. So I would be expecting it on Monday

Advertisement