Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They could do it you know..

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

IMO the Irish media believing that Ireland have a god given right to qualify for major tournaments is the equivelent of English Media believing they have a god given right to win major tournaments.

And sure why the lack of good will to to England, sure all your heros play over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Wouldn't it be some sort of record to have three national managers from one country?

England have as much right as any to win it, but no more than Brazil, Italy, Spain, Argentina (if they make it). But they may be more vulnerable to key man loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Kold wrote: »
    Calling them contenders is the opposite of your first post where you pretty much guaranteed that England didn't have a chance. Fair enough if you don't think they will win it but I reckon it's silly to say they haven't a chance in hell.

There are a list of contenders with which the bookies draw up before a major tournament and as the competition goes further,the odds get shorter.I would place England in the top ten of countries who are real contenders for the World Cup but while I never said they don't have a hope in hell,I still believe they won't win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

blackbelt wrote: »
    Very smart indeed.However,I'd rather be realistic about our chances and have my feet on the ground than get caught up in a bandwagon and ultimately fail and come crashing back down to Earth with a bang.;)

getting over excited and ending up disappointed is what being a football fan is all about isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

getting over excited and ending up disappointed is what being a football fan is all about isn't it?

It is.Being a Dublin GAA fan I know this all to well every August.;):(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Brazil for me too. A very different Brazil but they'll have that winning mentality.

Dark horses for me are Russia and Ivory Coast. Have bets on both :)

Agreed Brazil are my main bet @ 5-1 but I have the Ivory Coast @ 40-1 as well. A home nation always goes well in their own continent and the Ivory Coast are a strong team with familiar players in Drogba, Kolo and YaYa Toure, Eboue, and Kalou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Warper wrote: »
    I have the Ivory Coast @ 40-1 as well. A home nation always goes well in their own continent

What the flip are you on about? Do you know how far the Ivory Coast is away from SA? Probably much farther than from Spitzbergen to Gibraltar.
    Thats like saying Norway is going to do well because it's being held in Spain.
    Warper wrote: »
    familiar players in Drogba, Kolo and YaYa Toure, Eboue, and Kalou

Only all of them are sh1te with Drogba being the exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

realcam wrote: »
    Only all of them are sh1te with Drogba being the exception.

I'd be happy to see them in a Pompey shirt TBH :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'd be happy to see them in a Pompey shirt TBH :o

Ye, I wouldn't mind seeing them play for Tennis Borussia either. That doesn't mean they're going to win a world cup.

Advertisement