Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bronzer, Blusher and Mascara

• 09-09-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hiya, I've been looking around for a while, popping in and out of shops looking for some good bronzers or blushers and some good quality mascaras.

Now I've been told the benefit and number 7 bronzers are quite good but I'm looking for both good bronzers and blushers for very pale skin. Like quite stark white skin. My sister is quite sallow so she'd be using different products than me and so would most of my friends. I'm looking for recommendations on them since my skin is as pale as printer paper from other people with similar complexions. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've quite pale skin and I go for any 'golden' shade in a make-up range.

The trick really is how you apply and with pale skin its a case of slowly building up colour. I use MAC Golden or Refined Golden bronzer. If you can get your hands on the mineralise Skinfinish even better (although I think you can only get them in the shops here during the summer.. but it's been a while for me).

What colour hair and eyes do you have? I'd go for a nice peachy/pink tone. There's a gorgeous Maybelline Mousse blush that I got called Whipped Strawberries and its fab. It has lasted me ages. You just dab it on with your finger. I prefer cream blush as it give you a more dewy look but I guess if you've got oily skin or wear heavy foundation, go for a powdered blush.

Lancome to a great range of mascaras. But I still think cheapo is best since you have to throw them out after 3 months and some of the expensive ones - well defo YSL, dry out very quick. Collection 2000 works grand for me. :D Benefit BadGal not working well at all for me. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Thanks Larianne, I popped into Boots today and tried the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush and it works lovely. Its nice since you can apply it easily with your fingers and already very happy with it! I've got dark brown/black hair and brown eyes so it suits to a tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i have got the palest skin ever i found the foundation in tesco is the palest shade i can find , i like the bronzer in avon its a block with 3 diff shades:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Thanks Larianne, I popped into Boots today and tried the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush and it works lovely. Its nice since you can apply it easily with your fingers and already very happy with it! I've got dark brown/black hair and brown eyes so it suits to a tee.

Yeah, I friggin love it! And it lasts ages! :)

Advertisement