Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the main menu music should have been:

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

If you've the pc version and want this as your main menu music:

First go to ?\Program Files\CAPCOM\STREETFIGHTERIV\Game\Sound and make a backup folder, and copy the file BGM_MAIN_OM.csb and paste it into the backup folder.

Then download this file: http://filebeam.com/8ececc76f2d84a8f966b5e6e21008164

and slap it into your sound folder and there yea go, far more fitting and far less annoying. Imo. lol.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sounds like the Ryu theme put through the harry gregson williams/metal gear grinder. I hate it.

Still better than the awful ****e that is the official main menu music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Should have stuck with the classic.

It's a crying shame that the remixed classic music is not selectable or playable in multiplayer and only appears during rival matches. Also I know SF3 was trying to distance itself from SF2 but SF4 is very much a reimagining of SF2 and really should have had a similar musical style. Catchy hummable tunes of the original are way better than the forgettable mood pieces of SF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

No.

EXILE Demands that you become Indestructible!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Should have stuck with the classic.

Swear to god, I actually got goosebumps when I played that clip just now :p Just reminds me some of the great little tunes that SF4 just doesn't have. Nothing wrong with most of the SF4 level tunes......but why would you just discard some of the golden stuff? Stupid decision. Hope they add all the classics for the next version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I prefer indestructable to the intro music. Best song ever.

It's ok though, most of the music I've heard from SFIII: New Generation + 2nd Impact were crap.

There's hope for SFIV yet!

bush wrote: »
    I prefer indestructable to the intro music. Best song ever.

There really should be an option to turn that off, but leave the stage music on.

Finding matches online is already annoying enough!

• Advertisement

Yet more reasons why EX+ Alpha is the best Street Fighter game ever.

Absolutely awesome soundtrack. I just wish Capcom would buy the characters and put some of them in a new Street Fighter game :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The music that plays when you fight akuma's rival (ryu) is awesome... Very epic indeed. "The Next Door" (indestructable), is much better (read:less annoying) in japanese, you should give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

There really should be an option to turn that off, but leave the stage music on.

Finding matches online is already annoying enough!

There is on PS3 and PC anyway, for PS3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6xwc-8zrY

And for PC, similar to my 1st post if you like you can get any sound file from the game and make that the main menu music doing the whole file swap-re name crap.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sounds like the Ryu theme put through the harry gregson williams/metal gear grinder. I hate it.

Still better than the awful ****e that is the official main menu music.

Its music from the game, if you can bare watching the into, indestructable blends into that track half way through.

If you hear the credits to the game it sounds a bit like the start. Yeah it does sound odd the 1st min but if you flick a min or so into the song you should recognise the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Just changed the theme music on my install to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVArC_klWEI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Monkeyto wrote: »
    No.

EXILE Demands that you become Indestructible!!!!!

I agree. I HATED this song when i first got SFIV but it grew on me, and now I actually love it. AWESOME. It's so panky J-Pop but i really like the song now. Still wrong for Street Fighter....

how about the most awesome song....

If it doesn't work; here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuA0kpUEr4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I just wish Capcom would buy the characters and put some of them in a new Street Fighter game :(

Who owns the rights?

Arika.

They developed the EX series, Capcom just published them. All the new characters found in those games belong to Arika unfortunately.

Skullomania for SFIV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Argh, I really like the music I have in the op when it kicks in, but the 1st min of it really gets annoying (the metal gear solid sounding part) as thats pretty much all I hear as I'm not gonna be in the main menu longer then 60 seconds that often.

On my laptop I'm currently rockin the arcade version of the main menu music but its not the best. Its the same song but without the singing.

Btw speaking of street fighter music, all you guys should really check out the blood on the asphalt stuff.

I've said it before but people keep thinking I'm talking about the HD remix music. This was released long before HDR and some of the tracks were used for the game however they're cut down and edited versions. So if you enjoyed fei longs stage music, you should deffo check out the proper version.

Theres some good stuff there (I don't like all of it though)

Examples:

Used all this stuff for my menu music on the ps3 using the playlist feature :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this already considering this is a street fighter community, but best theme has to be: Ryu's Alpha second theme.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Used all this stuff for my menu music on the ps3 using the playlist feature :cool:

Best. Theme. EVER.
    Never tire of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

the main theme is excellent to be honest, it needed to be poppy.
    i do love the reworked original themes, they only come on now and then ?
    i wish they had proper stages ! old ones.

Custom music stops playing as soon as you connect to someone online.

That sucks balls!

Advertisement