Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skrewdriver ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Absolute trash. I can't listen to their music without hearing the terrible lyrics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

I could never understand the appeal of Skrewdriver's music, much less their political stance. Their music wasn't Oi and it wasn't Punk. It was just bog standard Pub Rock with an ugly pus. I have the All Skrewed Up album and it's only a below average effort that would probably never have warranted another mention outside collector circles if it wasn't for Ian Stuart's later political leanings. I can only think of one track in all their catalogue that was in any way passable as a Oi/punk ditty and that's Voice of Britain. If it wasn't for Stuart's hardline political stance, Skrewdriver would never have attracted an audience.

Here's a better example of how sad and thick Ian Sturat really was.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEukjponBZQ

Advertisement