Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet names for your pets

Options
  • 10-09-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Ok just wanted to see was I the only weirdo who has funny little names for their pets? Hopefully not:o
    Well I call my 15 year old cat 'my little sicin' (as in chicken in Irish)
    My ginger cat is 'my little toffee crisp'
    And my big black cat who is slightly vicious is 'my black bear' or 'homer-sexual' cos his name is homer.
    I have no idea why I call them these maybe I am just a crazy cat lady?
    So would love to hear what names you call your pets:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

I guess I'm a crazy cat lady as well!
    I've got Milly vanilly, Zekie beakie, Hughie louie, Pixie lixie, Sonny bunny, Sheila beela, there's also Rufus, Simon and Meatball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Ok just wanted to see was I the only weirdo who has funny little names for their pets? Hopefully not:o
    Well I call my 15 year old cat 'my little sicin' (as in chicken in Irish)
    My ginger cat is 'my little toffee crisp'
    And my big black cat who is slightly vicious is 'my black bear' or 'homer-sexual' cos his name is homer.
    I have no idea why I call them these maybe I am just a crazy cat lady?
    So would love to hear what names you call your pets:D

yay im not the only one who does this. I call my guy Tillicious(his names tilly) or "puddin paws"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

aww I love them especially puddin paws:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

I want a dog !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm horrible for giving my pets random nicknames.

My guinea pig's actual name is Sigur Rós. We call her Rosie, but she's also known as Chubs, Squeaks, Squeaker, Brat, Rosie Posie, Bumface. I love her. :pac:

I have three dogs back home:
    My dog, Ruby, a Shep/Border cross, aka Bee, Beaner, Beans, Beezer, Bees, Brat, Bum, Roo, Goof.
    The family dog, Molly, a black German Shepherd, aka Mollywog, Moose, Moss, Moogle, Moosh, Muttley, Mooch (her nose is conveniently dinner table height, so she'll rest her head on the table and give you "the eyes" if you don't give her food).
    My mom's dog, Sky, a Bernese Mountain Dog, aka Skybird. I left home when she was a pup, so she doesn't have many from me. Mom calls her Ditz and Queenie.

My dog that passed away a few years ago was named Guinness, a Shep/Lab cross, also known as Guinnie, Smartass, Goose, Guin. She was amazingly smart, and I miss her.

Aww, I want my dogs back. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

I call my balck & white baby 'Soth', short for Fhtagn Nagh Yog Sothoth, like thergothon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I have a rottie who i call "snoozy susie" sometimes, cause hes always snoozing, lol, (mad, i know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We have Jake, jakey wakey, snotty puss, And Toby, toby toes, tobley, Also Oliver, Ollie, wol, cherry hog, cherry and lastly Tiffi, tiffi wiffy, sweetie pie, rat bag.
    My daughter has loads more names for them all and I find "hey you" gets the attention of any of them within range.

Jake and Toby are cats, Ollie and Tiffi dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

All of our three dogs are called "shut up, will ya" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

I had a dog called Ripley (named after Ripley from the Alien films) and anytime anyone heard her name they went 'oh Ripley from Ripley's believe it or not'!.. D'oh!..

My current gorgeous dog is called Fluffy - but more often Fluffy Doodles!.. and our hedgehog is called Scamper..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Friend of mine- one of her cats called molly. But she always got called mollypolly paddlepaws lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

My dog is called Molly, but frequently gets called Missus, Mrs Molly, Mollydoll or mollywollydoodle. Mind you, when she's looking for attention or a dog biscuit her name becomes Menace :) Darn thing is, she answers to it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My dogs name is Bonnie...but shes more often than not Bonzo, Bonze, Puppyhead or Bonnie Wonnie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

my large english bulldog is called teddy,when out with him i often call him baby,so you can imagine the looks we sometimes get from from others in the street,...the cat next door is i think called ;cooking fat ;or thats what it the postman calls it when he trips on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

My goldfish is called Kevin

Used to have two dogs-Arnie and Roy (Schwarzenegger and Keane)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Our dog is named Truman,after Truman Capote,but is more often called "the hound",or "Oy,Bratface!" Herself has taken to calling him "Muttley" or "that cheeky little pup".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Lucy is called Luce, Lucifer, Lucinda, Lady, Puppster, Puppilicious, Missy and, my favourite, The Fluffy Thing (unusally around 3am as in "what just jumped up on the bed? Oh, it's the fluffy thing").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

My dog is a black staff and I call him 'Black Pudding' 'pudding' 'Grizzer chizzer' 'budly' 'kitten' 'babs' 'Roufus' 'skittles' and I think that's it really for him. They are obviously not his official name.

My mothers cat had three kittens they are 'snap' 'crackle and 'pop'

her last two cats were 'jeepers' and 'creepers'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

We're awful for that. Have a dog but his nickname is 'Mr. Wow' (as in bow-wow), hence the cat, Tiger, is 'Mr. T' :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Love it! I hope my BF sees this and realises I'm not the only looper out there!! LOL!!!

My dog is called Kula otherwise known as Kula Bean, Kula Bula (Of course :D), Coolest Bean, Bum Fluff, Scobie, Bean Brain.

My BF's dog is called Monty AKA Mont-a-roon. He has loads of theme tunes too because he always looks like hes on a mission!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

i have two cats Kai and Theo, kai can be kaikai, fyfy, bubby, bubbs, mr zzz (he snores like an old man) tickyboo or mamas boy! Theo is theo-peo, miowser, granpa (he is very grumpy), moustachie or purr purr (only when he is purring!)
    When im calling them in at night i sometimes mortify myself by shouting all kinds of names nad then having a good chat with them when they do arrive in the doorway before we all go in!!! Id say im the crazy cat lady in our place!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

i have two babies...Tonto and Freddie..collectively they are the Beasts, or the Baboiges (doll in irish), and when appropriate The little F***s!

Freddie is aka Freddie Boo, Fredd-icle, Fredster, Fredmeister

Tonto aka - Tonts, Tonty, Test-tonticles,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

I have two cats, up until almost a month ago had three.

Triangle was put to sleep in August (Triangle was the name given to her by the family who initially rescued her and her kittens) and she was also known as Mommy, Agnes and sometimes "The Queen of Olympia' :D

Her son Jones has been known as Earl, Poniac and Zysiv

The youngest cat is called Pippin but also known as Kittini, Pursey, Pips, Pippie and Colonel Fuzzywig!

Our neighbours think we are nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HitmanSB07

i called my cat cheeto because he looks like the cheeto off of the packet of cheeto's haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Our dog is called Poppy, Popalop, Pop, and sometimes Feckin Eejit :o

My cat's name is Nero, but I do the most awful baby talk to him, he gets called my baby, Puddin Wuddin, Cutie Pie and Cutie Patootie :)

My mom let me name her cat, so I called her Timmie, which is short for C'mere Timmie :D Mom said when she finds herself saying "come here to me" to the cat she feels really stupid, my plan worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My cat's name is Samhain, but I normally call her one of the following:

Sowie, Sowie-baby, Sowcow, Snuggly and/or Cuddly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My dogs are Lily and Daisy.
    I tend to call Daisy - daisypaddle, flufferface, the baby, oi you (when I get paws in my face in the morning).

A friend has 3 golden labs, HoneyBear, Miss Molly and Little Lady.
    Friend has had cats called Honey, Rascal, Muffin, Oreo, Mollypolly, Lucky (who wasn't), Smokey, Soots, and many others I can't recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My two cats, miller and willow (brother and sister) get their names shortened to milly and willy, completly changing sexes, poor confused babies. Miller is also milleypoo and willow is either slinky (coz of the way she goes down the stairs) or the little lady.

Harley is Harls, Harleypoo, harveeeeey, Harley Norman, and most often just pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Our pup is called Casper, so far been called pups, Casp, and Monster ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

I have two turtles- my babies- called Sam and Ella (Salmonella, gettit???)

I had a goldfish called Malcolm who I swear knew his name

Then there's Toto the terrier, and I used to have Tramp the Golden Retriever and I called him SugarPoops for some reason... dont ask why... his poops sure as hell didnt smell sugary

Advertisement