Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet names for your pets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I used to call my old dog pig dog cos when he'd be sniffing around he'd grunt like a pig:p I heard my mam calling him a few choice names when he did something bold like arsehole dog w**ker and the dog from hell. He'd go into his bed and have this face on him like he knew what she was calling him and was very offended:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 yoohoo

I'v two dogs ozzy and ringo or more often than not ozboz and stinky :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

Our white cat is called Ban, otherwise known as Master Puss, Pushkin, Bankins or the Wee Beastie. The sister in law calls him Bawneeboots or Mr Ban. Just as well he's deaf...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Oh yeah, we're terrible for it.

Eric - Fathead, or Shithead
    Frankencence - Frank, Frankie, Frankie Fru, Fru, Frubles
    Hahn - Hahnbo, Hahn Banana, Banana, Conehead (coz he's so relaxed)
    Turbo Diesel - Turbie Dee, Turbs, Little Miss, Thunderous Bitch, Bitchface (she bites, see)
    Sasquatch - Sas, Sassie, Shashoo, The Quatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I used to call my old dog pig dog cos when he'd be sniffing around he'd grunt like a pig:p I heard my mam calling him a few choice names when he did something bold like arsehole dog w**ker and the dog from hell. He'd go into his bed and have this face on him like he knew what she was calling him and was very offended:pac:

That is so weird. My husdand used to nickname his old dog pig dog.
    Never ever heard anyone else use that before.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Our dog is called Ruby (yes, I chose my username after my dog :o )

She also answers to Mrs, Rubes and Chewbles.

wexford202 wrote: »
    That is so weird. My husdand used to nickname his old dog pig dog.
    Never ever heard anyone else use that before.:)

Thats weird alright, What breed of dog was he? Mine was a beagle a very fat one:p seriously half dog half pig :pac:

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Thats weird alright, What breed of dog was he? Mine was a beagle a very fat one:p seriously half dog half pig :pac:

His was a jack russell. Not even a bit fat but squealed like a pig as soon as anyone came next where near him.:D
    Pig Dog. Ha I am laughing all day justing thinking someone else calls their dog that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Ok here goes! This is a LONG list!

Dogs:
    Bella, Sandy, Bruno, Teddy, Cassie, Dopey, Rusty, Holly & Roscoe.

Cats:
    Stinky, Sooty, Sweep, Precious, Matt, Tabitha, Jasmin, Adolf, Basil, Saffron, Sprout, Hugo, Sprocket, Smudge Boots & Pepper.

Parrots:
    Misty, Annie & Mikki

Snakes:
    Motley, Pheonix, Fawkes, Kaz, & 4 unnamed snakes.

Lizards:
    Olli, Izzy, Sparks, Sabrina, Fire, Ice, Teggy - plus several other unnamed lizards.

Coatis:
    Bonny & Clyde

Monkey:
    Jack

Skunk:
    Taz.

Plus many many many other birds/bunnies/hamsters/chinchillas without hames!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have two Jack Russells, Norman and Milly. Norman is only a year old but he's got an oul' man head on him, so I call him Mr. Norman sometimes.

Milly, then gets called Miss Millicent (one of my friends started that) as a result. Milly also gets called Inky because she had a tendency to chew up biros and markers lying around the house and ends up sitting on them, and having multicoloured patches on her rear end. She's also called Mucky Paws as she seems to attract mud from the minute she leaves the house

• Advertisement

FAYESY wrote: »

Dogs:

Cats:
    Stinky, Sooty, Sweep, Precious, Matt, Tabitha, Jasmin, Adolf, Basil, Saffron, Sprout, Hugo, Sprocket, Smudge Boots & Pepper.

Parrots:
    Misty, Annie & Mikki

Snakes:

Lizards:
    Olli, Izzy, Sparks, Sabrina, Fire, Ice, Teggy - plus several other unnamed lizards.

Coatis:
    Bonny & Clyde

Monkey:
    Jack

Skunk:
    Taz.

Jesus do u have them all now?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Yep - that is a list of some of my critters - I have over 150 in total.....

Yep - that is a list of some of my critters - I have over 150 in total.....

Wow it must cost u a fortune feeding them:eek: I had a chipmunk once that I took off my boyfriend. He wasn't looking after him properly. I had him spoilt rotten. I named him Alvin of course:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭misssaucie

Our dog is called Bruno and we call him Boo or the Boo Man or our little sh*tter :D

misssaucie wrote: »
    Our dog is called Bruno and we call him Boo or the Boo Man or our little sh*tter :D

That reminds me my ex's dog was called Bruno. I used to call him Bruno Brooks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

We have 3 dogs called Diesel, Logan and Pippa. Logan's mine and I'm terrible for giving him bad nicknames. He's frequently referred to as Logibear, Logie Wogie, Big Bear (or just Bear) and Man Man. I generally call him Man Man which I never thought of as odd until someone pointed it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

our man cat we sometimes call Appa (that flying buffalo thing from Avatar), battletank, or Aslan

our man rabbit we refer to as bonny bunny boy or purest evil (he likes to attack the cats)

our kitten girl, we call her squeaks sometimes. Our eldest girl we refer to sometimes a saucers, because she gets huge puss in boot eyes when she wants something.

And both of our girls, we call gomas (sp?), as they're vultures and will eat and get into anything for food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Boy cat - Spongebob. a.k.a. The Spongemeister, spongey, Moochie le Mooch, Little man, punk ass

Girl Cat - Sox, a.k.a. Missy Moo, Girly Girl, Girlie, Skanky (i know that's a horrible one but once she came in with a slug hanging out of her - she's a big fluffy bear!)

clofty wrote: »
    Boy cat - Spongebob. a.k.a. The Spongemeister, spongey, Moochie le Mooch, Little man, punk ass

Girl Cat - Sox, a.k.a. Missy Moo, Girly Girl, Girlie, Skanky (i know that's a horrible one but once she came in with a slug hanging out of her - she's a big fluffy bear!)

aww i hate when they come in with creepy crawlies and things hanging off them

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

well i have two hamsters , one doesnt have a name , but we call the other Mr mc goo so when he comes out we can say ," mr mc goo , how are you ?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I lived with people whos cats name was knacker (he was a stray) but we called him kitten poo and The Great Poogainus.

Have a pup called Rampage (named after the great Rampage Jackson) but we call her Ramps, Rampanamps, Crampage, Granpage, Poopage, My Daaaling and The Rampmeister General.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snabe

wow, too many nicknames... here are a few - Noodle, Newty-pants, Newty-pie, Pooton (when he's doing his business), Cute-ton, Screwtop, Babydog... basically anything other than his actual name... and he answers to all of them!

Dogs:

Cats:

Parrots:
    Misty, Annie & Mikki

Snakes:

Lizards:

Coatis:
    Bonny & Clyde

Monkey:
    Jack

Skunk:
    Taz.

Do you have a home zoo or something?

Send a pic as I find it hard to imagine that many animals!

Did you work in a zoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

dogs are roxy and snickers...he's chocolate and has nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

well thank god i am not the only one that gives them nick names.
    Right i have Abbey (golden lab) we always refer to her as babey well cus she is an ould pet and still thinks she is a pup, Then theres chip (jack russell) we call him gingy (he's ginger) we also have a collie shep and we call him hairy mary, he has wild hairy sticks up all over the place.
    then theres the cats, jeff doesn't really have a nick name call him jefrey sometimes or the prodical son cause he is always wondering off for days at a time. then wallie normally just called walter or thick arse, he can get really sulky if he isn't the centre of attention. then theres molly shes just really called moloira dont really no why. we also have a rabbit named bugs who we call houdini, we call him that because for a long time he was getting out of his pen and we had no idea how :confused: there were no holes dug and no gaps in the chicken wire then we realised that he was actully climbing on top of his hutch which is about 4 foot of the ground and then jumping over the fence,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

My dog Bailey (boxer) has four white paws. My friends brother calls her 'Socky'... My friend calls her 'Bobbly Socks' and when i'm messing around with her I call her.. 'Bailey dog', 'Bailey O'Socks', 'Gooster' or 'Scitter' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Bessie is known to me as Bessieboodles
    Me Da calls her Bessalina Booples which I think is quite funny. :D

My Cat whos real name is Jessicat is known to me as Jess, Jessie, Moomoo, Pishwhish.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I have two turtles- my babies- called Sam and Ella (Salmonella, gettit???)

I had a goldfish called Malcolm who I swear knew his name

Then there's Toto the terrier, and I used to have Tramp the Golden Retriever and I called him SugarPoops for some reason... dont ask why... his poops sure as hell didnt smell sugary

Hahaha! Awesome I have a cat called Ella & when we were getting a new kitten I was saying "let's call him Sam!!"

Alas I could not :p Called him Brody (usually falls asleep on my chest & goes by the name of "Jesus Brody get yer claws outta my neck!"

& Ella, would go by Ella Bella, or Princess, cos she is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

My cats names is Gulliver, from the Johnathon Swift book. So we call him Gully for short.

Hes half a stray, and we are so ignorant of cats that we thought he was a she! We were in the vet last week and my ma asked was she pregnant as she had such a big belly to which the vet responded "she is a he." So the poor guy got the chop today, and hes feeling down I think.

Marlow struck me as a nice name for a cat, that being the main character in Heart of Darkness. Maybe its sad calling animals after literary characters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smilerterry

I have two cats - Leo and Amber.

Amber was and still is the small one so she gets called Little 'un or Mouse
    Leo is Lee Lee or Fatso (he's got a beer belly thing going on)

Advertisement