Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

artichokes anywere?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,
    my tesco (clearwater) used to sell artichoke hearts in a tin, was a spanish brand.. Don Carlos, like the olive oil and other stuff..
    They recently made a re-arrangement of the store and I cant find them anywhere anymore.. I asked everyday i go.. coz i notice i can't find tinned asparagus either.. but they said they might have discontinued those products ??? :(
    So question is..
    Does anybody knows where can i buy artichoke hearts?? And i mean in brine.. found some as antipasti.. but they come swimming in olive oil and i just want them bit more healthy..
    Pls.. i'm desperate.. need my artichokes.. i just love them!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

why not just buy whole artichokes? great fun to eat and delicious with a mustard vinaigrette

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

well, thing is there are not many shops around that sell them either.. in fact.. i dont know any..
    plus.. i wouldnt know how to cook them.. I remember my mum used to make them when i was a kid.. haven't had them like that in years...
    Guess they'd do :rolleyes:.. where can i get them??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

we usually buy them in Roy Fox in Donnybrook. they might also have tinned ones (not sure but wouldn't be surprised).

personnally i eat mine raw, but if you want to cook it, steam it for about 45 minutes, or until the outer leaves come off easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

great.. i'll defo give them a try if i find them somewhere closer (northside) or if i pass by donnybrook one of these days..

but if you see them tinned.. will you let me know?? i just love them grilled out of the tin.. with mushrooms, a splash of lemon and a few herbs.. yummy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 apricotnelli

amira wrote: »
    great.. i'll defo give them a try if i find them somewhere closer (northside) or if i pass by donnybrook one of these days..

but if you see them tinned.. will you let me know?? i just love them grilled out of the tin.. with mushrooms, a splash of lemon and a few herbs.. yummy!!

They often have raw in the Italian shop on Dunville avenue and I assume they have tinned in brine as well as they are a great source of lots of things like that. I think they also have a shop at Smithfield (Nortons)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ladyA

I think I know the one you are on about - they come in a green tin. They aren't Don Carlos but some brand beginning with e I think.
    I got them recently in Supervalu in Churchtown. Also I saw them in the Dunnes in Stephens Green.

Advertisement