Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira shower fault

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Got a mira shower in a new ensuite last year and its starting to act up. Had the exact same problem with an existing mira shower (same model) in the main bathroom 2 years ago. I had bought that one and had the receipt so all was OK. The new one was bought by the plumber who fitted out the ensuite and I have no receipt for it. Rang Mira and they say I need the receipt. Plumber says he has no idea where it is.

What to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

gramlab wrote: »
    Got a mira shower in a new ensuite last year and its starting to act up. Had the exact same problem with an existing mira shower (same model) in the main bathroom 2 years ago. I had bought that one and had the receipt so all was OK. The new one was bought by the plumber who fitted out the ensuite and I have no receipt for it. Rang Mira and they say I need the receipt. Plumber says he has no idea where it is.

What to do?

Wouldn't the relevant receipt be the itemised one given to you by the plumber, as he "retailed" the shower to you when he charged you for the installation and labour? If he didn't give you a detailed invoice, I can't see why he shouldn't be able to put one together now.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

gramlab wrote: »

What to do?

AFAIK under the Sale of Goods Act, you do not have to have a receipt if any item is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You do need a proof of purchase though.

The plumber who supplied the shower is responsible in this case. Your invoice from him is your receipt, and it's up to him to fix or replace the faulty one now. You shouldn't be dealing with Mira.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

The plumber was the brother of the guy who built the extension. The ensuite was included in the overall quote. The quote wasn't detailed enough to state the exact type of fittings to go in the ensuite i.e. just stated an electric shower.

Plumber is your typical plumber type - rough estimates, I'll sort ya out, that sort of thing so getting anything of detail from him will be hard(aplolgies to any in the trade)

Would serial number etc on the showeer itself be any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

if we install a shower and there is a problem with it we ask the place we bought it to sort it , as we buy a lot of gear in this one plumbing shop.
    Shop gets onto sales rep etc with the details and they sort it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement