Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car with no log book??

Options
  • 10-09-2009 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I swapped a jag xjs last year for an mgb. I gave all the documents to my guy but he said that he didn't have his & he would pass them on to me. After chasing him for a while I got the history etc. but not the log book. He said that he lost it & he would get a new one sorted for me. Fast forward almost a year & I have no log book & the guy wont answer my calls. Is there any way that I can get a log book for this car?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 magoo1234

is it an Irish car if so you will have to go to a garda station and fill in all the details of the motor on the appropriate form and apply to have a new licensing cert sent to you from the licensing authority in shannon. stating that you never recieved the previous one from the prev owner. if a uk reg apply for an export cert and replacement docs through the dvla(uk) dvlni(nirl). they are avl on their websites explaing all, hope this was helpful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Hi, Thanks for that. It's an irish registered car so I'll go to my local garda station & talk to them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If you rack up a few penalty points, he might get in contact quick enough. :pac:

Won't they appear on his license if he's still logged as the cars owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

It's a bit away from being able to break any speed limits yet. Still up on axle stands at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

If the vehicle is not registerd to you you need to get a statutory declaration form from your tax office ,get a main dealer to verify make/model/reg/chassis no then take it to commisoner for oaths/solicitor you declaring you are the legal owner,bring it back to the tax office job done .You don't need anything from the gardai but they will not issue the new paperwork unless tou tax the vehicle

• Advertisement
Advertisement