Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Canon news on the horizon... any thoughts?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

mrboswell wrote: »
    Yea Conns will probably have raised the price... :p

It's a hard lens to find and it's €900 new, as much as I enjoy ragging on Conn's at that price it was an absolute steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

im still saying a replacement for the 1000d is my main guess. so a ****D
    but after many thoughts i have decided a close second would be........
    a canon 3D ( D for Dimensional ) to combat the newish Fuji 3D camera.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

yep would be funny, if it was something like a new printer technology or photocopier, better be worth all the build up

No, seriously,Monica Forsberg in Sweden, she's the marketing director of Business Solutions. As far as I'm concerned, that's nothing to do with their professional or consumer opticals/cameras/digital imaging...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Photocopier with built-in toilet seat to prevent regular damage during office Christmas parties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

already thrown out my suggestions but with the day looming .... spotted another thing which I think could be fantastic (if) canon have managed to get it exclusively.

Ground breaking indeeeeeeed.

http://www.uxbydesign.org/2009/07/22/new-camera-enables-focus-after-snapping-shutter/

(only problem is I cant see the first draft of camera working as much as second or third versions...serious software issues :P)

I know I'll be keeping some money in anticipation of something good from Canon ... they owe it to us ...Nikon are after taking the lead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Didn't Adobe do something similar with a lens array recently?
    They demoed some software with it that had a focus brush.
    http://gizmodo.com/308659/adobe-tinkering-with-3d-image-manipulation-using-camera-and-software-%5Bupdated-with-video%5D?autoplay=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

3 dimension SLR i reckon :o

Saw a demo on tv of a new Fuji compact and is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

We got news in work that Canon and HP are to join forces to hit the business/enterprise printing market in a big way together...

maybe something to do with this??

HP and Canon in managed multifunction printer JV

Two traditional rivals in the multi-billion dollar business printing industry – HP and Canon – are to join forces to sell multifunction device technologies and support services to the business and enterprise market.

HP and Canon said last night they plan to jointly market and distribute a new range of multifunction office systems that unite the best of both companies: Canon’s leading multifunction devices and HP’s enterprise printing and imaging assets.

The alliance builds on an established relationship between Canon and HP, and positions the companies to offer customers a new class of web-enabled solutions that combine Canon’s multifunction device processing and imaging systems with HP’s device manageability, IT integration and office workflow capabilities.

The alliance’s software and service offerings will be supported by EDS, an HP company, along with Managed Print Services from HP and Canon’s global services and support groups.

The alliance includes current and future product portfolios from both companies.

“HP has long been an industry leader with a portfolio of products, software, services and solutions that enable enterprise customers worldwide to improve their imaging and printing efficiencies without compromising the reliability, quality or professionalism of their documents,” said David Murphy, senior vice-president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP.

“In growing our relationship with Canon, to offer customers value-added and more holistic IT solutions, we are confident organisations will enhance productivity with their imaging and printing and overall business workflow needs,” Murphy added.

Canon and HP will also benefit from access to each other’s management and third-party development software portfolios, including Canon imageWARE Enterprise Management Console and Canon MEAP as well as HP Web Jetadmin and the HP Open Extensibility Platform.

The expanded portfolio of products and services is expected to be available to customers in North America and Europe, as well as global customers from these regions.

“Through this new alliance with HP, we look forward to bringing the advantages of Canon’s high-versatility, high-performance multifunction products to an expanded user base,” said Masaki Nakaoka, managing director and chief executive, Office Imaging Products Operations, Canon Inc.

“We expect this will maximise benefits for both companies’ customers while also paving the way to increased growth for both Canon and HP.”

By John Kennedy

Written by J.F.K. - sounds trustworthy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

This site keeps up to date with Canon

http://www.canonrumors.com/

However, rumours are a waste of time. Rather than inspire one to wait, they can cause consumers to change brand rather than be left with a sense of insecurity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Anouilh wrote: »
    This site keeps up to date with Canon

http://www.canonrumors.com/

However, rumours are a waste of time. Rather than inspire one to wait, they can cause consumers to change brand rather than be left with a sense of insecurity.

Wonder is it this Canon 1500D they mention
    New Rebel coming
    From a new source.

“The Canon 1500D/T1 will be announced soon -intended for sale during the Christmas season. The announcement is in fact very close”

Specs
    * Same 12MP sensor as 450D/XSi
    * Digic 4
    * Movie mode added: up to HD 1080, only 1 frame rate option at that size, 30fps
    * Fixed LCD 460K dots
    * No significant changes in size, weight or price. Price will of course be close to 1000D’s MSRP at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Any update apart from the canon/adobe partnership on canonrumours?
    Been waiting for this forever.

http://hqbrand.com/2009/09/helpful-information-regarding-the-canon-ipf9000-printer/

is it this havnt read it yet

edit maybe not says 2007 in the article

rameire wrote: »
    Sadly no that printer's out a while. I did the google news by time and web pages but no dice. Tar anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Soooo .... A big damp squib then ? No 'most important release in the history of the company' to be had ? *sigh*

• Advertisement

ThOnda wrote: »
    "Don't buy now, wait till the end of September..."

- sounds almost like they are going to announce huge price increase :D

strange - but true !!! (Feckers)

http://photorumors.com/2009/09/24/10-canon-price-increase-on-october-1st/

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/818648/0

If those rumours are true it sucks big time. Instead of good news, bad news.

they're not rumours - actual camera shops have said that its a directive from Canon.

I do think its a bit unfair by Canon - telling people to wait till the end of the month .... then raising the prices.

seriously considering selling my canon gear and switching to Nikon - I hear that the 7D isnt much better than a 40D or 50D in low light (noise is evident).... might wait for the new mk4 next summer but if thats not up to scratch I'm switching - they are falling behind in a big way.

ps. I dont want/need an SLR doing video !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I wish canon had a d3/d700. id switch over no problem but I like the canon lenses. the 5d mk2 would be great with 1d autofocus

a 1ds with 8-10fps and 15mp would be my ideal camera

canon are always raising and lower prices and then having rebates. 10% is a bit much tho at the moment perhaps

its just crazy .... the world economy is funked up and they go and raise prices .... making it harder for people with a passion for photography (as a hobby) to expand their collection.

I dont see the point - I have a load of lenses and might have to sell off some to buy other/new lenses. (looking at the 100mm L IS Macro its gonna be over 1K)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ps. I dont want/need an SLR doing video !!!

I hope you don't live to regret those words. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Any update on this?

Yes, they have increased prices. And Nikon is trying the same politics now too. $uckers :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Have Pentax started upping prices too, was considering their K7 for a next summer purchase seems to have broken the 4 figures :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wait, so they sent around a mail saying that something huge is coming at the end of September to get everyone excited and possibly hold out on buying, then announced it was a price increase?

That can't be right, surely?That sounds far, far too shady to be true?!

Rb wrote: »
    Wait, so they sent around a mail saying that something huge is coming at the end of September to get everyone excited and possibly hold out on buying, then announced it was a price increase?

That can't be right, surely?That sounds far, far too shady to be true?!

there were no price rises this month officially

That would be against the rules of EU to set the prices. Such information is not official, never ever. Cartel behavior would be the official problem. But the fact is the same as this year after X-mass - price increase about 15% across the border.

That would be against the rules of EU to set the prices. Such information is not official, never ever. Cartel behavior would be the official problem. But the fact is the same as this year after X-mass - price increase about 15% across the border.

i mean there were no price rises this month from canon, none, nada, zilch,

Hmm, makes me wonder about UK prices for Bowens strobe kits which over the last year came into alignment...

well its official ....and late.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2009/10/1d-mark-4-1ds-mark-4-info-cr1/

Bring it on (Monday) ...woo hoo. (hopefully on sale by the middle of November)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

PCPhoto wrote: »
    well its official ....and late.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2009/10/1d-mark-4-1ds-mark-4-info-cr1/

Bring it on (Monday) ...woo hoo. (hopefully on sale by the middle of November)

50years.jpg

Advertisement