Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine weather at last!

Options
  • 10-09-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Well it finally happened. Met Eireann have forecast a strong anticyclone over Ireland and settled weather for the rest of the week at least to early next week. This is probably the last good spell before we really drop into winter. Just wondering what peoples plans are to get out fishing in the coming days?? River levels are dropping and personally I'll be getting in the last daytime fly fishing of the season! :rolleyes: Anyone else jumping at this fine weather slot?:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Sounds good, gonna be fishing at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

yeah, have been waiting for this for awhile. Will prob get the fly rod out for a few end of season sessions. rivers should fish well as they start to settle after all the flooding.

Must being some of the younger cousins out after mackerel too. Plenty of them around at the moment and good to get the kids 'hooked' on the sport.

all in all Tight Lines everybody:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im just getting 'hooked' on the sport now :)
    I know im certainly going to try get out as much as i can with the good weather, hopefully i catch some fish too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

lovely weather for coldplay on monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

thought fishing is better when it is raining!! fish come closer to the top of the surface...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

shovelsfc wrote: »
    thought fishing is better when it is raining!! fish come closer to the top of the surface...

Don't mention rain!!!!!!! you might jinx it. depends on the type of fishing you are doing. Generally, yes, strong sun is bad for river and lake fishing but fine if your sea fishing. Also, at this time of year the sun is getting lower in the sky so sunshine doesn't have such a pronounced effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Definitely going fishing all day Saturday! :D

And going for a long spin on the bike on Sunday! :D

Making the most of this as the next good spell of weather will be in April next year (probably)! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

This is the one. Fishing from tomorrow at 4pm. Fishing on Saturday from 2pm. Fishing on Sunday from 4pm. Only the actual Apocalypse is going to stop me.

oh god, i hope i haven't cursed it again, just wait till next weekend jesus!.

all on the Nanny, from the source to the sea, many drys, nymphs, wets, buzzers, beetles, fluffy looking things and anything else i can manage to tie on.
    anybody else got plans?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Out later today for a session of salt water float tube fishing.

I'l get some evening to midnight beachcasting in over the weekend too.

Going to tie up some fry lures for trouting next week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

anybody else got plans?
    Well I was going to spend the weekend enjoying the weather and doing a spot of fishing, but since you're going out so much I'll probably just turn on the heating and rent a few dvds :pac:

I've only been to Bohernabreena once at the start of the season and I've been meaning to go back so if it does stay nice I think I'll have to take a trip up there one of the days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement