Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Question - Flying Mount

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

I finally managed to get the cash together to learn the flying skill, and I want to make the flying machine. I checked on wowhead, and the only place to get this is in Silvermoon. I trekked over there, and found the NPC that sells the plans, only to find out that it's for Engineering 350, and I'm still on 280 or so. So back I go to Badlands for some mining (gotta get me mats for the grind to 300!) and I check in with Lebowski the Engi trainer there. And what shoudl I see halfway down the list of schematics, but Flying Mount Control, and only Engi 300 needed!

Is this a different mount, or have Blizz just forgotten to change the requirements for the old schematic in silvermoon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah they put alot of the schematics on trainers, so alot of the old guides may be inaccurate. I wasted alot while grinding tailoring as a result recently :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are two Engineering mounts, the 150% and the 280% versions. They both look similar, but the 280% has a much higer materials cost. Its not much by todays standard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Thanks folks, the Turbo Flying mount is the L70 one, so I guess I can get the lesser mount from Lebowski.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do bikes sell for a lot? being 2 seaters and all is it a good way to make money?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Last time i saw a bike on the AH, it was for 18k gold. So ya, they go for a fair bit. But they have a huge cost in materials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've seen go for 15K - 18K, getting the schematics and mats can be a pain in the bum, though. I think they can cost 12.5k 15K to build.

If you had a few people in the guild to help you collect them you could probably build 'em a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Only problem with making the bike is most the parts are BOP for the crafter. So you cant really get people to share the weight of the heavy fee for the parts themselves.

Plus remember to work it out to be sure cos with the ah cut on something that expensive will it be worth the hassle if you have to repost it a few times.

Advertisement