If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest 32" TV - What price

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi John/kenny/Ash/Nicola (think that's everyone!)

I'm just looking for an initial quote but should the prices be suitable, i may purchase.

I am looking for two of the cheapest 32" tvs that either richersounds or the philips shop stock. and when i say cheapest, i mean the absolute cheapest
    I'm only looking for basic hd ready 32" lcds. no bells and whistles required.

the tvs will be used in the main bedroom and the second will be used as a retro gaming tv - high specs aren't important. (i have my panny 42G10 for that!!)

what is important is that they can be wall mounted, are not overly fat (bedroom tv especially) and that they are branded (no hi-sense for me!)

26" might actually be enough for the bedroom (havent measured wall space yest) so if there was an end of line/stock model floating around, it may also be suitable.

anyway, let me know what you can do and i'll take it from there.
    thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi There

We have the 32PFL5404 an HD ready 32" TV with VGA, 3x HDMI, 2x SCART that can be wall mounted.

You even get a remote control!!!!!

In store price is €449.99 but you can take 10% off that price.

I hope to have them back in stock tomorrow.

Interested?
    Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi There

We have the 32PFL5404 an HD ready 32" TV with VGA, 3x HDMI, 2x SCART that can be wall mounted.

You even get a remote control!!!!!

hehe, the remote control would be handy alright ;-)

To be honest, given that i have to buy two thats still a little bit more expensive than I would wish to pay.

I suspected, and correct me if i'm wrong, that philips wasn't going to be the cheapest brand available so I'll see if the guys in richer sounds have anything which may cost a bit less.

Just out of curiosity Ash, do you stock 26/27/28" tvs? what price range (roughly) would be on these?

thanks again

You'd be suprised by how many people ask if they come with a remote:)

We also have the 26PFL3404D which we have on offer for €349.99 at the moment.

They are not as well featured as the 5 Series TV's No Pixel Plus, No VGA and only 2x HDMI plus 1 SCART (no Headphone socket either)

But as a secondary TV its well up to the job!

I still think the 32PFL5404H is a much better option>

Cheers
    Ash

Cheers Ash, prices noted.

I'll see what the rs guys have for sale and then make a decision,

thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey.

Here is a small list of the top 4 cheapest available screens.

However not all of these screens can be shipped and must be collected from the Belfast store:(

LG32LH2100 priced at £349.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lg2100/lg-32lg2100

Samsung LE32B350 priced at £299.95 (In Store Only)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32b350/sams-le32b350

Samsung LE32B450 priced at £319.95 (In Store Only)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32b450/sams-le32b450

Visual Innovation VI3200D priced at £299.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/visual-innovations/vi3200d/visu-innov-vi3200d

So if you fancy a road trip you can pick up a screen for just £299.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I just got a Philips 32PFL5604 and there is a vertical line in the centre of the TV. Its not a black line but its just a division of picture quality like the split-screen demonstrations of having a feature enabled or not.

I think the feature (if thats the problem) may be PixelPlus HD but I've tried setting it to full screen, Restoring to factory settings but its still there and annoying the hell out of me. Tried updating the TV about 3 times but keep getting an 'Invalid Firmware' notice even when I re-download the file.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi Conor108

Sound like the Demo feature has bee turned on.
    Is the image divided by a white line running top to bottom in the center or the screen?

If so do this
    Hit the Home menu button, it has the little house on it.
    Go to SETUP
    Go to FEATURES
    GO to DEMO and hit OK button
    Use the BACK button to turn the demo off.

Just tried it on the 32PFL5604 in store and that cleared it

that should do it for you

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks for the reply!

I tried that but I'm pretty sure it is turned off. Sorry I wasn't really clear, there isn't a white or any colour line it's just you can see where the image quality changes. Its a top to bottom line.

Ahh, thats a shame.

Not too sure what it is your describing - I cant picture it.
    Is it visable on all inputs and sources?
    If so you may have a fault there.
    Where did you get the TV from?

Ash

T'was Power City. Yeah I was worried it might be a fault alright. I'll bring it up in a few days and sort it so :) Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quotes Kenny,

The Samsung for £299 sounds interesting but I see that its instore only.

I know the answer to this already but here goes...

Are there any circumstances under which you would deliver this out...if i was to buy 2 at the same time for example...

worth a shot anyway.

thanks again.

Hi Conor108

My advice would be to get it back to them asap, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.