Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone MMS on Touch Pro2

• 10-09-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

I'm trying and failing to setup MMS on a Touch Pro2 (WM6.1) with Vodafone, and was wondering if anyone had a walkthrough for it.

I've tried the settings in the FAQ to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

testicle wrote: »
    I'm trying and failing to setup MMS on a Touch Pro2 (WM6.1) with Vodafone, and was wondering if anyone had a walkthrough for it.

I've tried the settings in the FAQ to no avail.

I'm not sure why the Windows Mobile 6.1 guide in the FAQs isn't working for you. I have a few questions:

1. Are the menus on your Touch Pro2 slightly different to what's described in the FAQs?
    2. What error message are you receiving when trying to send/receive MMS?
    3. Are you able to send/receive MMS with your sim in another Vodafone handset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's quite simple - there is no WM6.1 guide in the FAQ for Vodafone.

The only Vodafone MMS guides are for Sony Ericsson, an N95 and a HTC Hero, none of which run Windows Mobile. I have tried correlating the guide for Meteor MMS and the settings from one of the Vodafone ones to no avail.

The error message received is that it can't connect to mms.vodafone.net for an unknown reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

testicle wrote: »
    It's quite simple - there is no WM6.1 guide in the FAQ for Vodafone.

The only Vodafone MMS guides are for Sony Ericsson, an N95 and a HTC Hero, none of which run Windows Mobile. I have tried correlating the guide for Meteor MMS and the settings from one of the Vodafone ones to no avail.

The error message received is that it can't connect to mms.vodafone.net for an unknown reason.

Though the Windows Mobile 6.1 guide contains Meteor APN settings, it is generally easy enough to transpose using other network operators' APN settings; this is the reason why the guide isn't repeated with all the Irish operators' APN settings.

You didn't mention whether you could send/receive MMS with your sim in another handset? If you can't, then you may need to contact Vodafone to ensure you are setup correctly on their system.

Advertisement