Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look who strolled into The Quay's last night...

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

There was a few of the typical Irish 'celebs' in The Quays last night (some chap from Fairly Sh1tty) - the OH was busy talking with them but I was much more interested in this lad....

CIMG0539Medium.jpg

CIMG0540Medium.jpg

In he strolls with his feckin push bike, not a bother on him! He wasn't long gettin' thrown out by the bar lady but it was feckin' gas :pac: G'wan Anti-Santa!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

Christ that's class.it gets funnier the more you think of it.that image of yer man is going to stay with me for a while.well done on the quick snaps.{I'm sniggering to myself}.you should of asked him what he was drinking .....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

biffoman wrote: »
    Christ that's class.it gets funnier the more you think of it.that image of yer man is going to stay with me for a while.well done on the quick snaps.{I'm sniggering to myself}.you should of asked him what he was drinking .....

I told the bar girl i'd buy him a pint if she'd let him stay - she was having none of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I told the bar girl i'd buy him a pint if she'd let him stay - she was having none of it :(

Did ya tell him about the next boards beers planned?

I'm sure he'll be well up for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Did he get a chance to play his air guitar? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you ask him if it was ok for you to take his photo and post it on an online portal?

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did you ask him if it was ok for you to take his photo and post it on an online portal?

Yup, the last time I took a photo WITH him and told him my intentions (to post it on boards) and he was delighted - think it made his day :eek: Next question, smart ass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

an online portal?

Ohhh, you make it sound so sexy.
    Kinda like a doorway to another dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Honestly, if you decide to be an eccentric and loveable character in this city, you kind of give up your right for privacy.

K.D, Flash, Anti-Santa etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

zarquon wrote: »
    Did he get a chance to play his air guitar? :)

He is a class Air Guitarist.........
    Spotted him at a gig in the black box a few years ago, Took over the show, so he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Honestly, if you decide to be an eccentric and loveable character in this city, you kind of give up your right for privacy.

K.D, Flash, Anti-Santa etc etc etc.

How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Its hard to know whether this is a serious question or not?

So I'll guess and say 'Stupid Question'

Des Hynes wrote: »
    How?

It's just the way it is... I don't make the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

There was a few of the typical Irish 'celebs' in The Quays last night (some chap from Fairly Sh1tty) - the OH was busy talking with them but I was much more interested in this lad....

CIMG0539Medium.jpg
    right in the bar now,
    hang on,
    did I ferget sumthin'

CIMG0540Medium.jpg
    ah .. right ye don't want the bike in the bar , I'll try and remember that
    your right there alright,, fair enough I'll park it somewhere else then

In he strolls with his feckin push bike, not a bother on him! He wasn't long gettin' thrown out by the bar lady but it was feckin' gas :pac: G'wan Anti-Santa!

characters , where would we be without them
    much better than puffed up celebrities
    poor man he must be thirsty and tired after cycling all the way from ballybog
    in the middle of nowhere ta the big fancy city
    you should make up a song and sing it for him and get us a vidja
    we should give awards to these people
    good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Des Hynes wrote: »
    How?

I'm not up on Irish privacy laws, but I'd guess that pretty much anything that any of us does in public can be photographed and published without our consent.

Trying hanging out with trad musicians who play sessions in this tourist-riddled town: their pictures must end up in zillions of blogs etc. God help up the day that google or someone puts facial recognition software over the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as it's in good humour and not demeaning to Anti-Santa I don't see a problem.

AFAIK you can photograph anyone and publish it without their consent. Think of papers and magazines. It could be different for a digital medium but I'm too lazy/stupid to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

We live in an era of camera phones. The Quays is a public place and this is a public forum. Any more pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah him and his bike.

I was getting up early one sunday morning and who did I see waving at me as he cycled past; Anti-Santa.
    What he was doing out in Barna at the crack of dawn and cycling on a Sunday is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Ah him and his bike.

I was getting up early one sunday morning and who did I see waving at me as he cycled past; Anti-Santa.
    What he was doing out in Barna at the crack of dawn and cycling on a Sunday is beyond me.

Was it Christmas Day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Was it Christmas Day?

with him being the anti santa i assume he's nowhere to be seen at christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

CIMG0539Medium.jpg

CIMG0540Medium.jpg

Holy hell, so he is hiding out in Galway and not the mountain ranges of Pakistan. Pffft the Americans are way off with their bombing.

Did he say anything about western infidels before the bar lady chucked him?

$25,000,000.00 reward for him. You missed your chance JohnCleary he must be half way to Clifden by now on that bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Holy hell, so he is hiding out in Galway and not the mountain ranges of Pakistan. Pffft the Americans are way off with their bombing.

Did he say anything about western infidels before the bar lady chucked him?

$25,000,000.00 reward for him. You missed your chance JohnCleary he must be half way to Clifden by now on that bike.

Nope ... he was seen tapping on the door of harbour bar early this morning. Obviously looking for volunteers for 9/11 take two !

Word on the street is he was in the Quays scouting for militants, they are planning to blow up the Moneen Junction

alibabba wrote: »
    they are planning to blow up the Moneen Junction

Won't make a lick of difference IMHO... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

CIMG0539Medium.jpg

CIMG0540Medium.jpg

that robinson crusoe chap is a millionaire (though for obvious reasons he can't touch any of the money).
    normally the quays has a few goons about the place so I don't know how he got in. its my least favourite bar in galway. as far as i can see only out of townies go in there. staff are rude and the goons at the door wouldn't be the friendliest either.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    normally the quays has a few goons about the place so I don't know how he got in. its my least favourite bar in galway. as far as i can see only out of townies go in there. staff are rude and the goons at the door wouldn't be the friendliest either.

True that it's a bit of a touristy place, but no need for a flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fuinseog, general slagging of businesses and people are not tolerated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I'd do the opposite actually; I was in there during the week and the bouncers were exemplery. If people were mucking about they just had a word with them, didnt kick them out. Also, at least twice, someone fell over and the bouncers went over and helped them up. (Didnt kick them out).

He's often outside Merlin Stores, sitting by his bike

I see him quite regularly strolling up main street Oranmore, bike by his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Yup, the last time I took a photo WITH him and told him my intentions (to post it on boards) and he was delighted - think it made his day :eek: Next question, smart ass?
    and if he was your Dad or brother would you still post his pics up here?

• Advertisement

and if he was your Dad or brother would you still post his pics up here?

Yes.

Next question?

Advertisement