Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

merge personal and company pension?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Advice sought - At one time I opened a personal pension scheme with Canada Life. That fund has about 20K in it, and I ceased paying in to it in 2007. I understood at the time that CanLife would continue to maintain/invest the 20K until I could draw it down on retirement.

I now have a company scheme via my employer. My question, can I transfer the CanLife funds into the company scheme, or am I better to keep things as they are?

Best and thanks.

PWR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Technically you can, and it can be convenient to have it in one place, but you would want to consider such things as the ongoing maintenance costs, any transfer costs, historical performance of the fund etc.

Personally I have pension entitlements currently in three company pension schemes!

Advertisement