Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalising cannibas to cure the resession?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

No, pscychosis isn't worth aleviating the recession which is over anyway!

Don't try to say you don't get psychosis from it because I did. I tought I was dying every minute of the day, I had panic attacks all day long and couldn't work for 2 hours without checking me balls for cancer tumours, I even got ultra sound scans and the doctor was saying i'm absolutely completely jumping the gun, i'm as healthy as ever. (Atleast physically)

I've never been the same since, maybe thats due to age before and after the psychosis. I'm not bad now like but I'd suppose I still have a few problems in the head!

Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Exon wrote: »

Don't try to say you don't get psychosis from it because I did. I tought I was dying every minute of the day, I had panic attacks all day long and couldn't work for 2 hours without checking me balls for cancer tumours, I even got ultra sound scans and the doctor was saying i'm absolutely completely jumping the gun, i'm as healthy as ever. (Atleast physically)

I've never been the same since, maybe thats due to age before and after the psychosis. I'm not bad now like but I'd suppose I still have a few problems in the head!

Thank you...
    That is unfortunate, I know a person who says she starts seeing stuff when she's high and gets really paranoid so she doesn't smoke it. I'll accept that these kind of things do probably happen to a small percentage of people but it's not common. I don't get like that at all and none of my friends that smoke do either.

How often did you smoke it? Just because you had a rare bad reaction to it doesn't mean the rest of the planet shouldn't be able to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Don't try to say *you* don't get psychosis from it because *I* did.

Thank you...

Bingo.

It's subjective. Different substances have different effects on people. Like a dairy allergy. It's been acknowledged that in a few cases it can inhibit psychosis, but that's only a minor percentage of people. People can have allergic reactions(such as heart attacks, rashes, nausea and vomiting) to government approved medicines like paracetamol, but it's proven only in a small number of cases and is deemed to be safe for the majority of people.

Saying that it caused you to develop psychosis does not mean it will affect everyone in the same way it did you.

Edit: Also, as ScumLord has asked, how much were you consuming and how regularly? Thanks.

Hauk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Excellent thread IMO

I have been to dozens of coffe shops all over Holland & I think it could be very easily set up & regulated in Ireland.

There are very simple rules which all customer must comply to like max purchase of 5 grams per person & every customer must present ID.

Cannabis is only legally smoked on the premises of a coffe shop or in the privacy of your own home... It is Illegal to smoke on the streets!

Unfortunately our government does not have the brains or balls to take the initiative & give the people what they want.

The pro's out way the con's but I think the real truth is that we are so reliant on the alcohol industry in Ireland & legalising cannabis would cripple the publicans altogether!

Excellent thread IMO

I have been to dozens of coffe shops all over Holland & I think it could be very easily set up & regulated in Ireland.
    We could even ban smoking indoors and require the use of vaporisers or even have cannabis restaurants that give you a cannabis starter. If cannabis is ever downgraded I'm opening a cannabis restaurant, I'll make a fecking fortune.

• Advertisement

You need to work on your material a little more. Also, nobody is forcing anyone to consume Cannabis, which is what this statement implies.
    Exon wrote:
    Don't try to say you don't get psychosis from it because I did.

I really wish we could ban emotional arguments from this thread.

People develop psychosis, sometimes for no apparent reason. You were unlucky, and your use of the drug triggered the condition. Your individual experience is not representative of the hundreds of millions of people who consume Cannabis, so you have no basis for claiming that Cannabis causes psychosis in general. That's like saying we should ban football because it causes injuries.

I'm assuming you were a regular user who continued after the first onset of symptoms. This is the only reasonable way I can imagine that you would develop full-blown psychosis.
    Exon wrote:
    I tought I was dying every minute of the day, I had panic attacks all day long and couldn't work for 2 hours without checking me balls for cancer tumours, I even got ultra sound scans and the doctor was saying i'm absolutely completely jumping the gun, i'm as healthy as ever. (Atleast physically)

Then you should have stopped. As much as I am sorry to hear you became so paranoid, you have nobody to blame but yourself for continuing to use it. If I start feeling pains in my abdomen around my liver, should I continue to use alcohol?
    Exon wrote:

You're not the only one who has mental health issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 arthie no no

free drugs now !

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Thank you...

I had a bad reaction to wheat, I broke out in a big rash and guess what? I don't eat anything with wheat in it anymore

Simple really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

I had a bad reaction to wheat, I broke out in a big rash and guess what? I don't eat anything with wheat in it anymore

Simple really

It's taken you quite a while to formulate that reply.
    Further evidence of the dangers of Cannabis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gnxx

If it was legalized, surely the government would tax it heavily and the retailers selling hash would add their margin.

Given the situation with cigarettes, I wonder would people pay an illegal dealer €20 rather than pay the "legal" outlets €100 for an inferior product.

If somebody suggests that if this happened, the government would clamp down on illegal suppliers, I will probably crack a rib laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    It's taken you quite a while to formulate that reply.
    Further evidence of the dangers of Cannabis.

haha

Was looking through my old posts, saw this topic and decided to resurrect her

Who am I kidding? It took me weeks to think of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Good point,though.
    Worth waiting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

chachabinx wrote: »
    I am a stoner a few years now... I work full time... I go to college part time.. and instead of going home to a glass of wine I like to have a joint... Im not hurting anybody... my heath is not noticably affected...

Everyday few days I have to buy stuff.. I can get it quicker then a pizza... there is only one or 2 days a year maybe that I have a problem gettin my hands on some...

Would it not be a better idea for the government to open their eyes & stop brushing the problem under the carpet... like last week they got something like 500kg in a raid... I can still get some not a problem... the country is flooded with it & all the efforts from the garda aren't going to make a difference... its the same in every country...

I spend about 200 quid a month on it & to be honest it doens't bother me because I don't drink much... if 200,000 people spend that a month thats 40million per month going into the economy rather then in offshore bank accounts belonging to criminals....

I am a young adult & nearly everyone I associate with smoke it... whether its in work.. college & friends in general... people have smoked it for years & its not going to stop EVER

In 2006... Dublin was the 11th most visited city in the world (can't imagine why) but would it not be great for our economy to legalise it... it could be the 2nd Amsterdam...
    And for all of you that think Amsterdam is a kip... your right it is but its no different from Dublin City!

Just want to know how everyone feels about the situation!

Didn't do much for your spelling cowboy;)

gnxx wrote: »
    If it was legalized, surely the government would tax it heavily and the retailers selling hash would add their margin.

Given the situation with cigarettes, I wonder would people pay an illegal dealer €20 rather than pay the "legal" outlets €100 for an inferior product.

If somebody suggests that if this happened, the government would clamp down on illegal suppliers, I will probably crack a rib laughing.
    Weed is already highly overpriced in the Irish market, I don't see how a legitimate company with a proper facility to grow the stuff and no problems in getting the supply's they need couldn't come in a hell of a lot cheaper than a secret house conversion done in such a way as to minimise any signs of growing.

I'd hazard a guess they could make the product considerably cheaper even with taxes and other expense's tacked on. The other thing is they don't need to solely rely on the recreational drug market either, they can make extra cash from selling the left over bit's of the plants or even just have the weed growing as a supplement for other crops.

As long as all growing is done in country and we don't allow for importing there's huge profits to be made for Irish people, keeping it in country would also go some way to limiting the amount of the drug available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

gnxx wrote: »

Oh, a comparison could probably be made to the people who sell cigarettes by the carton for 30/40 euros compared to those who buy it in shops. Indeed, there is merit to that point. Lots of people refuse to pay the shop fee (which could be around 80-86 thereabouts).

I honestly don't know any who sell smokes for so cheap, but its probably safe to assume that they are generally of the same sort as drug dealers are (Am I incorrect in this? I'm willing to stand corrected). To me, the biggest issue with drugs are
    1) The drug dealers.
    2) Lots of the drugs aren't exactly created to the highest standards possible, its fair to say.

Lots of people would be willing to pay the premium to avoid the above mentioned. Of course, it is true that there are those who would rather go the cheaper option on the grounds that they can not afford the more expensive option, and indeed, those who can't afford the cheap option can try and get it on a pay later basis.

But to go back to the illegal cigarette issue for one moment, there is big effort (well, at least effort) to combat the illegal trading of cigarettes with some results.

Honestly, I haven't smoked in ages. Over a year, I think. I don't know any dealers, nor do I want to based on those I have known in the past. I'd much rather we were living in a country where we were known as potheads, and alcohol was illegal than the way the country currently is.

Advertisement