Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalising cannibas to cure the resession?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Auvers wrote: »
    this sort of sh1te annoys me, stop sterotyping people ffs. I have a family& mortgage and have been working in full time employment for the last 14 years and there is nothing I like better than going home putting the kids to bed and enjoying a smoke and letting the stress of the day fade away

With your kids asleep upstairs????!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd love a regular supply of weed.

Lights\Attics ;)

need I say anymore

starflake wrote: »
    With your kids asleep upstairs????!!!!! :mad:

yep whats wrong with that its not like I am going around drunk.

you obvously have never smoked anything in your life because if you did you would know how silly that sounded

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think it's safe to say those "couch potatoes" are already doing that. Legalising the stuff merely gives some money to the coffers of the state. We're not going to create a new era of Irish couch potatoes who only smoke weed all day rather then doing their jobs.

As was already pointed out, less people smoke weed in Holland as a result of legalisation (though I suspect some of it is down to the Dutch being more well adjusted compared to the Irish, who are just immature), thus theoretically meaning productivity is up over there.
    Probably Dutch maturity. The Dutch are amassing. Their laws, their public transport, it's just an amassing country. Last time I was there I decided to go down to Rotterdam for a change and that's just a fine example of how a city should work, they go shopping at the weekend for fun it was strange to see the place so lively at 11pm on a Friday evening and not one drunk in site.

There was a bit of a mini riot between two huge groups of teens, I don't know what it was over but it wasn't down to drink or drugs and was a bit lame compared to the flakings you'd see over here.

yep whats wrong with that its not like I am going around drunk

No, but you're teaching your kids that taking illegal drugs is normal and o.k.... Not my business to say anymore on the matter, but I would never in a million years expose my kids to that

• Advertisement

yep whats wrong with that its not like I am going around drunk.

you obvously have never smoked anything in your life because if you did you would know how silly that sounded

I have smoked plenty but not anymore I'm a much better person without it.

No, but you're teaching your kids that taking illegal drugs is normal and o.k.... Not my business to say anymore on the matter, but I would never in a million years expose my kids to that

my kids have never even seen me smoke (nor will they) I dont use tobacco and its smoked outside in the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

this sort of sh1te annoys me, stop sterotyping people ffs. I have a family& mortgage and have been working in full time employment for the last 14 years and there is nothing I like better than going home putting the kids to bed and enjoying a smoke and letting the stress of the day fade away

Take a valium !!

I have smoked plenty but not anymore I'm a much better person without it.

fair play to ya but i bet you have drank around your kids

my kids have never even seen me smoke (nor will they) I dont use tobacco and its smoked outside in the back garden

Again it's not my place to say anymore. Can I just ask one more question. Say your kids turn 14 will you be ok with them smoking the same weed you do?

• Advertisement

fair play to ya but i bet you have drank around your kids

I don't smoke and I don't drink

dylano_k wrote: »
    Take a valium !!

nah no drugs for me

dylano_k wrote: »
    Take a valium !!

Go for a jog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Go for a jog!!

Whatever happened to just having an Anne Frank?

Again it's not my place to say anymore. Can I just ask one more question. Say your kids turn 14 will you be ok with them smoking the same weed you do?

nope 14 is underage

when they get to 18 by all means if smoked in moderation I will have no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

I don't smoke and I don't drink

you sound like loads of fun.
    LEGALISE

nope 14 is underage

when they get to 18 by all means if smoked in moderation I will have no problems

What will you do if they start using too much?! Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

for those who refuse to believe in the medicinal benefits of cannabis please go to this link http://www.thecannabisnetwork.net/grannyslist
    for an introduction into the thousands of health benefits of this herb. And again SMOKING anything is not good for your health. VAPORIZING cannabis is excellent for your health.

You wont find one peer reviewed article from any reputable journal supporting anything approaching this.

you sound like loads of fun.
    LEGALISE

You don't know me!

i will cross that bridge if its ever reached

but saying that hopefully I may of educated them on the potential dangers of overuse and the forbidden fruit element is maybe elminated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's not really his business anymore, they're adults and can do what they like. Do you still do what your parents tell you to do?

It's not really his business anymore, they're adults and can do what they like. Do you still do what your parents tell you to do?

Of course I don't but they have had a profound influence of my self development as a child and teenager. Perhaps if my parents drank and smoke cannabis I would be a different person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

You don't know me!
    thank fuck

thank fuck

Have I said something to you that merits abuse like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

At the end of the day kids will turn out alot better with a down to earth father who loves & spends time with his kids then a squeeky clean father who works from 8am to 10pm & has no idea about the world around us...

My father is like you.. he used to smoke it when I was a child & I had no idea til a few years ago... we have a great relationship & talk about everything...

And he is not the reason I smoke it I smoke it before I ever found out about him...

Of course I don't but they have had a profound influence of my self development as a child and teenager. Perhaps if my parents drank and smoke cannabis I would be a different person.

probably but my parents didnt drink\smoke and look at me

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Like most of these threads usually do, this has de-railed.

Original topic: "Legalising cannabis to cure the recession?"

probably but my parents didnt drink\smoke and look at me

You seem like a good person Auvers your kids will be good people too :) I'm not saying don't legalise cannabis here I'm just saying we need to research it in every which way possible before doing so. It has worked out fine in Holland but knowing the famous Irish culture of excess we should be very careful before doing anything drastic, y'know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

This thread has gone off topic a bit guys, I am anti legalising drugs but Im willing to listen and maybe debate with anybody who can give a good reason to legalise Cannabis.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Hauk wrote: »
    Like most of these threads usually do, this has de-railed.

Original topic: "Legalising cannabis to cure the recession?"

It wont cure the recession, only a nut would think that:D

Advertisement