Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalising cannibas to cure the resession?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

I didn't read the whole thread but if we legalised cannabis would the whole country not be flooded with addicts from all over the world?

The world is full of it... I've been to Netherlands (bit of an obvious one), Spain, Florida, Dominican Republic, Australia (nicer weed that the dam), England, France... Greece (off an Irish person) NO PROBLEM GETTIN IT!
    The only country I didn't want to get any out of fear was Cyprus cos they're all rats just like in Greece... but would have taken it off an Irish person if I had the opportunity...

The whole point is that its EVERYWHERE! There is never a problem getting it so why not legalise it & do it properly.. create some jobs, make some money, stop turning everyday people into criminals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

Now we are getting somewhere, so you believe cannabis use is proven to be a contributary factor in shizophrenia and depression.

What I want to know is how do we tell who is predisposed to these illnesses before they reach 15 and how do we stop them getting there hands on marajuana?
    Legalising cannabis will make it as freely available as alcohol (another dangerous drug) and therefore increasing the chances of otherwise healthy(only predisposed) young people.

The limited amount of studies on cannabis use have shown/correllated/proven this so whats to say there are not more side effects.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID THE PLACE IS FLOODED WITH IT!
    WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING A WAR ON DRUGS FOR HOW MANY YEARS & WHILE THERE IS ALOT OF SEIZURES EVERY WEEK IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE AVAILABILITY OF DRUGS... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

LEGALIZE IT TO MAKE IT PURE & MAKE SOME MONEY FROM IT & STOP GIVING IT TO CRIMINALS! STOP PEOPLE FROM SMOKING BITS OF OLD TIRES... AND THE LIKES... I'D SAY THAT FRIES YOUR BRAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

chachabinx wrote: »
    HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID THE PLACE IS FLOODED WITH IT!
    WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING A WAR ON DRUGS FOR HOW MANY YEARS & WHILE THERE IS ALOT OF SEIZURES EVERY WEEK IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE AVAILABILITY OF DRUGS... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

LEGALIZE IT TO MAKE IT PURE & MAKE SOME MONEY FROM IT & STOP GIVING IT TO CRIMINALS! STOP PEOPLE FROM SMOKING BITS OF OLD TIRES... AND THE LIKES... I'D SAY THAT FRIES YOUR BRAIN!

or as bill hicks put it "Doesn´t making nature illegal just seem a little odd?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Absolute rubbish ! - there are many many drugs that are not addictive. It is completely untrue to say that cannabis is just like any other drug. That statement is wrong on so many levels.

Is aspirin addictive? There are many studies and scales that indicate how addictive various drugs are.

Do SOME research before spouting whatever nonsense pops into your head.:rolleyes:

that is the problem with the current legal situation of cannabis. Most people have little or no correct information but they waffle away (both here and in the media and in Dail eireann and other pubs and clubs) as if they had the slightest clue what they were on about!

Educate yourself people!!!http://www.cannabis-med.org/index.php?lng=en

Find out something about this herb before giving your opinion!
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7002

wow lots and lots of agression there, not really hte way to go about putting your point across. Drugs ie dope, e's, speed, coke etc etc are all addictive. To say marijuana isn't addictive just proves you know absolutely nothing about it. That or you are only smoking it for a few years and you are in denial of its effects on your mental health.

I've been a smoker for jeez how long now, 16 years. I've been all over the world and smoked many different types of "sh*t". I am also happy to admit that yes I am addicted to it (proves your rant to be wrong oooooh controvercial). But is it a bad addiction? No its not In my opinion its less of an addiction than alcohol is. I have also dabbled in many many harder things over the years and at times were addicted to those too. So is it any surprise out of all the hard **** i've done that I am still addicted to pot. So whats more addictive I ask.

I can only assume you are the type of person who thinks their own personal opinion is the truth and no one else can challenge your opinion? If so grow up and try not to be such a spanner.

wow lots and lots of agression there, not really hte way to go about putting your point across. Drugs ie dope, e's, speed, coke etc etc are all addictive. To say marijuana isn't addictive just proves you know absolutely nothing about it. That or you are only smoking it for a few years and you are in denial of its effects on your mental health.

I've been a smoker for jeez how long now, 16 years. I've been all over the world and smoked many different types of "sh*t". I am also happy to admit that yes I am addicted to it (proves your rant to be wrong oooooh controvercial). But is it a bad addiction? No its not In my opinion its less of an addiction than alcohol is. I have also dabbled in many many harder things over the years and at times were addicted to those too. So is it any surprise out of all the hard **** i've done that I am still addicted to pot. So whats more addictive I ask.

I can only assume you are the type of person who thinks their own personal opinion is the truth and no one else can challenge your opinion? If so grow up and try not to be such a spanner.

put nicotine in your joints, perchance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is addiction necessarily a sign of poor mental health? Maybe it is?

I wouldn't go as far as to call it an addiction though, I've been told I'm wrong by others and shown proof but I still can't class it as what we traditionally expect addiction to be. Climbing up the walls and being prepared to do just about anything to get some more. If I don't have access to it I'm not that bothered but if I have a bag of it in the room I can't stay away from it.

It's just nice, it's a nice high and there's no hangover worth mentioning. The side effects are nowhere near as painful or harmful as any of the other drugs (short term at least, you don't act out of character, there's no memory loss the way there is with alcohol, it's more of a fuzzy memory than a complete lose of it). It's always a case of "why not" rather than "I must have it" when it comes to using weed.

Maybe some will see that as the insidious way the drug takes over your life but I think their trying to see the drug as insidious instead of just taking it on it's merits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Completely agree with you,Its addictive as the rest and not any less harmful to the mind and body.

Its a complete sham and people who smoke it want it legal so they don't have to score off dealers.Which they shouldn't be doing anyway.
    I had some one say to me over on the other thread they used to be paranoid smoking it and now they aren't.
    Then the ones here who will abuse it with drink opening door to can of worms.

Why do people need to have drugs for mind altering are they really that sad they cant have fun without it?

Only reason it will be legalised which luckily enough it wont is so government can take their cut.

effects of cannabis range from getting pleasantly stoned to getting unpleasantly fearful and paranoid. One user's medicine is another's poison. Some just feel more relaxed whilst others slump in a corner giggling inanely at anything and anyone. Less appealing side effects include hallucinations, anxiety and depression.
    Both good and bad side effects are attributable to a major mind altering drug called delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is a psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis. THC mimics the actions of the brain's receptors so interfering with the brain's ability to function normally.

Users can become disorientated and start to hallucinate and they may become angry, depressed or anxious after the initial feeling of well being wears off. One 17-year-old recreational user describes the down side for him as "getting the fear." He says: "I start to panic and think everyone's talking about me".

Nausea and vomiting can occur when an inexperienced user has taken too much cannabis, especially when combined with alcohol. This is commonly known as "white" or "spinout."
    Users can also experience short term memory loss and reduced coordination due to the temporary confusion of parts of the brain which control these particular functions

But there's a risk of dependence on the drug after long term use and this can make it difficult or well-nigh impossible for the addict to function "normally" without it.

A recent study by the British Lung Foundation found that smoking three cannabis joints a day caused the same damage as 20 cigarettes because people tend to inhale the smoke for longer to gain the maximum "hit". The medical community is still debating whether cannabis use leads to lung cancer - but it's a fact that cannabis contains more carcinogens (cancer-causing agents) than tobacco.

caseyann wrote: »
    Completely agree with you,Its addictive as the rest and not any less harmful to the mind and body.

Its a complete sham and people who smoke it want it legal so they don't have to score off dealers.Which they shouldn't be doing anyway.
    I had some one say to me over on the other thread they used to be paranoid smoking it and now they aren't.

Why do people need to have drugs for mind altering are they really that sad they cant have fun without it?

Only reason it will be legalised which luckily enough it wont is so government can take their cut.

effects of cannabis range from getting pleasantly stoned to getting unpleasantly fearful and paranoid. One user's medicine is another's poison. Some just feel more relaxed whilst others slump in a corner giggling inanely at anything and anyone. Less appealing side effects include hallucinations, anxiety and depression.
    Both good and bad side effects are attributable to a major mind altering drug called delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is a psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis. THC mimics the actions of the brain's receptors so interfering with the brain's ability to function normally.

Users can become disorientated and start to hallucinate and they may become angry, depressed or anxious after the initial feeling of well being wears off. One 17-year-old recreational user describes the down side for him as "getting the fear." He says: "I start to panic and think everyone's talking about me".

Nausea and vomiting can occur when an inexperienced user has taken too much cannabis, especially when combined with alcohol. This is commonly known as "white" or "spinout."
    Users can also experience short term memory loss and reduced coordination due to the temporary confusion of parts of the brain which control these particular functions

But there's a risk of dependence on the drug after long term use and this can make it difficult or well-nigh impossible for the addict to function "normally" without it.

A recent study by the British Lung Foundation found that smoking three cannabis joints a day caused the same damage as 20 cigarettes because people tend to inhale the smoke for longer to gain the maximum "hit". The medical community is still debating whether cannabis use leads to lung cancer - but it's a fact that cannabis contains more carcinogens (cancer-causing agents) than tobacco.

i assume you neither smoke cigs nor drink alcohol.
    did you see the row last week where the scientist,prof. david nutt, said that cannabis is safer than both alcohol and nicotine.?

wudangclan wrote: »
    i assume you neither smoke cigs nor drink alcohol.
    did you see the row last week where the scientist,prof. david nutt, said that cannabis is safer than both alcohol and nicotine.?

Nope dont drink or smoke ;)
    He said it that must make it gospel then.

Do you smoke hash and drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's with the sudden crusade against marijuana?

That scientist guy is one of the most qualified people in Britain to have an opinion on the matter, and it's backed up by independent research from various other studies

• Advertisement

i don't drink.
    i think it's a horrible drug (not for me in any case).
    i do smoke,on occasion.:)

What's with the sudden crusade against marijuana?

That scientist guy is one of the most qualified people in Britain to have an opinion on the matter, and it's backed up by independent research from various other studies

Sudden crusade :D I hate all drugs and disagree with any attempt to to bring it in as legal.
    If i had my way i would ban smokes to.
    I saw what it did to alot of people here in Ireland.Alot went on to harder stuff when they weren't getting the kick they needed.
    Here is a lighter and petrol its ok burn yourself kids.Its legal mom cant tell you not to do it and keep yourself safe.

wudangclan wrote: »
    i don't drink.
    i think it's a horrible drug (not for me in any case).
    i do smoke,on occasion.:)

Well you might be one of the few who has self restraint.
    How long are you smoking it?

Well you might be one of the few who has self restraint.
    How long are you smoking it?

18 years.
    since i was 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

starflake wrote: »
    With your kids asleep upstairs????!!!!! :mad:

Why would that matter? Some parents have glasses of wine in the evening.

I don't mean to offend but a lot of your posts seem very naive and to me it just seems like you simply dislike marajuana and don't care about people who do enjoy smoking it.

You posted a few pages back saying you would be negatively effected by people smoking if it were to become legal. Honestly,how could someone being stoned hurt you in any way? It's not like it wouldn't fall under the smoking ban ( i.e. couldn't do it in public buildings) and you're a lot safer bumping into a stoned person in the middle of the night than someone whos trollied.

Honestly,I don't even smoke that much but there is not a single reason why it shouldn't be up to the individual if they're allowed to buy and smoke marajuana or not. It really annoys me that some people have the nerve to look down on people who want it legalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Thank you for the replies to my previous post...

It all makes perfect sense to me, however just a note to those smokers out there who are worrie about VAT.

Question: Would you rather spend your hard earned cash on hash thats mixed with plastic, tar, oil, diesel, wood, human waste or smoke pure stuff? Also with green, you get crap stems, seeds (male plants) dry crap and sprayed with fibre glass.

Personally if we had to play VAT I would happy to do so. You can't put a price on quality especially when health is at risk.

Now the Australians have it right. In the state of Western Australia, its illegall to sell pot. But it is legal to grow it (bet you did't know that), its legal to have 1 plant per occupant in a residence. the only stipulation is you're not allowed to grown hydroponics (far too strong).

No , it is not legal to grow pot in Western Australia. It was decriminalised: you will not get arrested for possession of under 30 grams, but the plant will be confiscated and you will be fined (it's a ticketed offence). In fact, I think in Western Australia if you get caught you have to take a compulsory drug education class.

This is probably a step in the right direction (less documentation and treating the severity of the crime correctly), but it's not what you claim.

I've seen reference of Hydroponics not being decriminalised in South Australia (which have similar laws on this matter), but I don't if they categorise differently in WA.

If you have a reference that contradicts me, I would like to see it. I think you have been misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I think at this stage it's no longer a matter of whether or not marijuana legislation is sensible.
    It's a question of how do we get the cabbage heads in the Dail to come to their senses and subsequently do something about it. That's effectively mission impossible.

Oh, and a load of stoners protesting while wearing hoodies probably won't achieve much.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Some peoples ignorance of marijuana use in this thread is actually embarrassing, and that is the problem right there

I'm all for legalising Weed but you can't just suddenly say 'ok were in recession, lets legalise this stuff and tax our way out'. It has to be a slow gradual process where education starts from a young age. This way we will have FACTS about the drug and not anti-drug propaganda and downright lies being spouted by the media.

I'm nearly 20, have been through the whole education system and 2 years of college and I have not once, not ****ing once been educated about drugs. I've been told they're 'bad' and been told all the usual tripe but never told the actual facts and statistics which are essential in order to make an informed choice as to wheter I should try the drug in question.

Once the education system is updated and people know the effects, the possible harms, the possible gains and most importantly the truth about cannabis, then and only then will I be in favour of legalising marijuana

ps. Since I have educated myself as to the effects of this particular plant and decided the positives by far outweigh the negatives, I'm off to smoke a nice fat joint. Good Night:D

There is no compelling evidence that Cannabis is particularly harmful to mind or body. On the other hand, it is known to have many positive uses.
    caseyann wrote:

I agree. Smokers should be able to go down to the shops or to the local coffeeshop to buy their Cannabis. Giving money to organised crime is something nobody should have to do, but prohibition has forced this outcome.
    caseyann wrote:

Aren't what? Paranoid? That's only a good thing. If you meant that now they don't use Cannabis any more, that is also a good thing; if someone suffers from negative effects they should avoid the particular substance which induces them.
    caseyann wrote:

I don't really understand this sentence.
    caseyann wrote:

This is an emotional argument which only highlights your lack of understanding of the human mind. People experience fun and pleasure from increased dopamine levels in the synapses, where the molecules bind to dopamine receptors and triggers particular feelings. All feelings are neurotransmitters bouncing around, agonising this, antagonising that. Psychoactive drugs are simply a different way of manipulating the brain's design. There is nothing sad about it, but in fact it is a wonderful way of enhancing various parts of one's life.
    caseyann wrote:

It should not be legalised to be taxed, but for personal liberty.
    caseyann wrote:
    effects of cannabis range from getting pleasantly stoned to getting unpleasantly fearful and paranoid.

Yes, as it the case with absolutely everything in existence: too much is bad for you. This is a completely irrelevant point.
    caseyann wrote:
    One user's medicine is another's poison. Some just feel more relaxed whilst others slump in a corner giggling inanely at anything and anyone.

Neither of these effects are negative. Whether you find it relaxing or it sends your sense of humour into overdrive, these are both desirable outcomes for the majority of people I would imagine.
    caseyann wrote:
    Less appealing side effects include hallucinations, anxiety and depression.

Hallucinations on Cannabis are very, very rare from what I have seen. You must differentiate between a hallucination (something which the person cannot tell from reality) and sensory distortion (such as closed-eye visuals which are quite distinguishable from reality).

Anxiety is a well-known side effect of Cannabis; if you feel anxious on it, you should avoid it. Depression may happen in rare cases, but unless you are of sound mind, you should not be taking any psychoactives.
    caseyann wrote:
    Both good and bad side effects are attributable to a major mind altering drug called delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is a psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis.

This is not entirely true. There are many cannabinoids (compounds which bind to cannabinoid receptors) in Cannabis, including delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol, cannabivarin, cannabicyclol, and so on. They all contribute to the experience, and different effects are evident with different ratios of cannabinoids. For example, cannabidiol is thought to possess sedative and antipsychotic effects, and supposedly makes THC more tolerable.
    caseyann wrote:
    THC mimics the actions of the brain's receptors so interfering with the brain's ability to function normally.

Sensationalist statements. The brain produces its own cannabinoids (endocannabinoids) which bind to the same receptors. The effects of Cannabis are temporary and normal brain function is restored within a short time - kind of like riding a rollercoaster, no?

caseyann wrote:
    Users can become disorientated and start to hallucinate and they may become angry, depressed or anxious after the initial feeling of well being wears off.

If this happens to anyone, they shouldn't be using Cannabis to begin with. It's their responsibility to ensure they can handle it.
    caseyann wrote:
    One 17-year-old recreational user describes the down side for him as "getting the fear." He says: "I start to panic and think everyone's talking about me".

One seventeen year old? The empiricism!
    Yes, this happens when you take too much of any drug... or too much food, or too much riding a rollercoaster. It's your body's way of telling you "too much, slow down". And when mixing with alcohol, it's completely unsurprising.

Short term memory loss and reduced co-ordination are to be expected.

Still not a compelling argument for prohibition, unless you're one of these "the state has to protect us from ourselves" loonies.
    caseyann wrote:

I know a lot of Cannabis users, both recreational and long-term, but I have almost never come across addiction. Psychological addiction is possible but this is absolutely incomparable to addictions to other drugs such as alcohol and nicotine. Very often, users can simply stop without any ill effect.

Also, Cannabis does not cause physical dependence.
    caseyann wrote:

This is misleading for a number of reasons.
    1. More carcinogens means nothing. The rate of cancer is what is important.
    2. Cannabis need not be smoked; it can be consumed orally or vaporised (little to no toxins remain as the cannabinoids are simply turned to vapour and inhaled).
    3. Not one (to my knowledge) cancer diagnosis has been confirmed to have been caused by Cannabis. Contrast this with the millions of cases caused by tobacco and alcohol.
    4. Cannabinoids (particularly THC and CBD) are hypothesised to prevent cancer by causing apoptosis of mutated cells.
    5. Other studies have found either no link or a reduced incidence of cancer. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-cancer/news/20090401/marijuana-chemical-may-fight-brain-cancer
    Sure, we can keep this up forever, but your defenses are up and you're convinced you know better than those of us who have been studying this for years, so you will not listen to reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i dont smoke it and i think it would be a great idea to legalize it as well as pumping money into our economy it would also take a big chunk out of the profits of drug dealers and a stoned person on cannabis is less likely to perform a violent act than people who drink from my personal experience anyway drunk people are violent and stoned arent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I can't believe this thread has gotten this far without someone mentioning this.....

Sell drugs!! No, not in your evil drug-dealer way silly!!! Simply sell the drugs and other illegal stuff that we find in this country back to somewhere where they're legal!!!

Imagine it! All the drugs that we "discover and seize" in this country could be sold to somewhere else- like wherever it came from at a fraction of the cost- cheap drugs or whatever for them, profit for us!!!!! :p

I can't believe this thread has gotten this far without someone mentioning this.....

Sell drugs!! No, not in your evil drug-dealer way silly!!! Simply sell the drugs and other illegal stuff that we find in this country back to somewhere where they're legal!!!

Imagine it! All the drugs that we "discover and seize" in this country could be sold to somewhere else- like wherever it came from at a fraction of the cost- cheap drugs or whatever for them, profit for us!!!!! :p

Any organisation or state willing to buy it could just grow it themselves for a tiny fraction of the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Taken from guide4living.com, a website mired deep in bull**** that seems to have taken half its information from my third-year religion book.

Funniest 'information' I found on the site:
    (Ecstasy) is normally used in tablet form embossed with logos such as apples, butterflies, hearts, clover or zodiac signs. But for many this traditional method of use is very passé. Crystal ecstasy is beginning to appear and snorting, >smoking< and injecting are among popular alternative methods of getting high on E.
    Whatever next, smoking alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Taken from guide4living.com, a website mired deep in bull**** that seems to have taken half its information from my third-year religion book.

Funniest 'information' I found on the site:

that website is a pile of shyte. to the poster above who destroyed caseyann's usual pile of unsubstantiated rhetoric, excellent post, +1.

also, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest the cannabis is physically addictive, it does not lead to anybody stealing from your granny to fund habits - if people can't get it they just do without. i've never heard of anyone smoking a joint too many and coming home and beating the shit out of their wife and children. and if you want to use evidence that correlates the smoking of weed to the onset of schizophrenia, then I would like to correlate dog ownership to heroin addiction using the same experimental protocol - i know 5 heroin addicts, and each had a pet dog growing up. which surely that my ownership of two dogs means i'm fcuked.

it's going to take twenty years, but when our grannies are dead, and today's 20-somethings are in the dail using logic to run the country as opposed to what god wants, this will be legalised.

You can't smoke alcohol as it is extremely flammable, but ethanol evaporates at room temperature, so with a high-volume spirit such as poitín, collecting the vapour and inhaling it is a trivial task.
    (Ecstasy) is normally used in tablet form embossed with logos such as apples, butterflies, hearts, clover or zodiac signs. But for many this traditional method of use is very passé. Crystal ecstasy is beginning to appear and snorting, >smoking< and injecting are among popular alternative methods of getting high on E.

If websites such as this want to be taken seriously, they should at least have the courtesy to do some basic research. The high temperatures required to vaporise MDMA destroy the molecule, so nobody smokes it because you cannot smoke it.

Insufflation is quite common, but injection is rare.
    genericguy wrote:
    it's going to take twenty years, but when our grannies are dead, and today's 20-somethings are in the dail using logic to run the country as opposed to what god wants, this will be legalised.

I doubt it. Even the Semitic god promotes the use of Cannabis, as "he" declared that humans are given all the plants and animals of the Earth to do with as we see fit. As people get older and obtain more power, their policies begin to contradict the opinion of the public. Notice how the state continues to do whatever it feels like despite the people being inches from armed revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    I think at this stage it's no longer a matter of whether or not marijuana legislation is sensible.
    It's a question of how do we get the cabbage heads in the Dail to come to their senses and subsequently do something about it. That's effectively mission impossible.

Oh, and a load of stoners protesting while wearing hoodies probably won't achieve much.
    Government are well used to ignoring marches and public protest at this stage, they change nothing. If it wont work for nurses it certainly won't work for pot heads.
    I've seen reference of Hydroponics not being decriminalised in South Australia (which have similar laws on this matter), but I don't if they categorise differently in WA.
    Just a point of order Hydroponics is a method of growing any plant without soil. It means little to the grass your buying unless the person knows what their doing and should be ignored as a sales pitch when your buying weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

possibly one of the best threads i've seen in a while.

I'm not a smoker of it, but i'm of the belief that if people want to smoke, they will, there's no point hushing it under the carpet and letting people buy god knows what when the government could tax it, and bring in some income.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

It's good to see the poll swinging in favour of legalisation.

I'm all for having it legalised. But when you have these off the wall statements being made, it just shows we are a long way off.

It's a shame too, because there is an entire un-tapped industry that could aide the country in getting out of this financial mess.

Also, it's good to see a healthy debate going on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Hauk wrote: »
    It's good to see the poll swinging in favour of legalisation.

I'm all for having it legalised. But when you have these off the wall statements being made, it just shows we are a long way off.

It's a shame too, because there is an entire un-tapped industry that could aide the country in getting out of this financial mess.

Also, it's good to see a healthy debate going on. :)
    Judges are medically and scientifically qualified as well, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Judges are medically and scientifically qualified as well, it seems.

Heh. ^_^

I honestly think the next two years should be interesting in terms of legalisation. California is debating the issue at the moment, and there will be a possible vote in the state next year for possible taxation and regulation. If that happens, it will prove interesting to watch the stance other states take. For instance if state revenues increase, it might spur other cash strapped states to re-think policies. It's all political but hopefully something will come out of it. :)

Advertisement