Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress Alterations In Dublin?

• 10-09-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I ordered a dress online from MissSelfridges for a wedding next week as they didn't have a size 16 in any of the stores in Dublin, finally got the dress today, but as I suspected, the zip won't fully go up as I've got a broad back so I was wondering if anyone knew a good dressmaker who could extend the back?

This is the dress (click here). If you go to the back view and zoom into where the zip is at the back.

The problem here is the zip won't go up the black silk part, so I'm thinking a piece of black silk added onto that part will do the trick, it's not much work but can be done but I don't want it to look cheap or tacky, I want it to look natural as I possibly have my hair up at the wedding so the back will be noticeable.

I have used a dress maker for alternations before, but I don't think she did that good a job on it, so wouldn't really like to go to her again as she was quite bitchy aswell, told me to lose weight! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I used Des Byrne about 3 weeks ago to do a similar alteration, cant praise them enough, fast, efficient and the work was flawless. They're on Grafton Street across from river island,

Very reasonable too, €20 for the alterations and after I decided I wanted something else done they did if for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Do they provide the material? Or would I have to bring my own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

The dress I wanted taken out was detailed but luckily I had a piece from a tie belt on the dress to put into it. With your dress I am sure they will have no problem matching the material.

I'd call in and ask them, they were really helpful. I did go somewhere else before to ask if they could do it and they told me no way, it wasn't possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Waffa in harolds Cross did my debs dress.....was brilliant and fast and really cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Get them to make the back lace-up, like a corset. The dressmaker in charge of altering my Debs dress made it too small and this was the perfect solution (and my idea... she told me "there's nothing I can do", imcompetent wagon!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Went to Des Byrne, it was really busy so that's a good sign that it's getting good buisness, going in tomorrow to pick up the dress, hopefully it'll come out nice!!

Advertisement