Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Presents

• 10-09-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Because of the recession, I am starting to buy my presents early this year. However I have no idea what to get anyone with my limited budget.

Was thinking if anyone saw anything of good value that could be used as a present, could you please post it here?

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Because of the recession, I am starting to buy my presents early this year. However I have no idea what to get anyone with my limited budget.

Was thinking if anyone saw anything of good value that could be used as a present, could you please post it here?

Thanks!!!!

I picked up 2 half price books in Waterstones during week, one was for the mother: 1001 quick fixed and kitchen tips
    for the father: DIY Manual

Both half price down from 15 to 7.50! That's the type of stuff that will go up towards Xmas so better buying now!

Rebelchick2, are you a poster on the PROC by any chance, your name is familiar ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Last year, each week coming up to Christmas, Boots did a half price special on one of their large xmas gifts sets.

I stocked up with 3 St. Tropez gift sets (me, My Mam and bessie mate) & 3 Elle McPearson sets (me, kris kindle and sister in law)

The sets were on 3 for 2 (usual boots xmas offer) and on that particular week half price (61 eur down to 30.5 eur) so I got 3 sets for the original price of 1 set.

Really hoping they repeat the offer this year

here's my St. Tropez purchase as an example

http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=6419

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Take a look at the Bargain Alerts Forum too, just ordered all 7 dwarfs for about €20 :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055652395

Advertisement