Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamerscore boosting/glitching.

• 10-09-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

can it actually be done or is it just all a hoax...not that i want it done i'm just curious about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, it can be and has been done. Microsoft can detect people who have done it and have wiped many users gamerscores completely worldwide who have done it. They did a major crack down on it earlier in the year. They do it in a way that an achievement that you have on your card ligit or not cannot be earned again once they wipe it, and no they have not made any mistakes in ID'ing those users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yep, it can be and has been done. Microsoft can detect people who have done it and have wiped many users gamerscores completely worldwide who have done it. They did a major crack down on it earlier in the year. They do it in a way that an achievement that you have on your card ligit or not cannot be earned again once they wipe it, and no they have not made any mistakes in ID'ing those users.

Glad to hear about this. I've only just bought an Xbox and so did another mate and somehow he has 4,450 odd points. He's only got one game and AFAIK there's only around 1,000 on each game.

He's been bragging all week about it. Hopefully Microsoft get to him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That_Guy wrote: »
    Glad to hear about this. I've only just bought an Xbox and so did another mate and somehow he has 4,450 odd points. He's only got one game and AFAIK there's only around 1,000 on each game.

He may have rented/borrowed a couple for easy achievements. Check youtube for the achievements in Avatar. :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Windows Live is linked to Xbox Live, which means if your friend has been playing games on his PC through a Windows Live Account, it will add points to his Xbox Live Account. He may have obtained points that way, since you claim he has only played one or two Xbox games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liber8or wrote: »
    Windows Live is linked to Xbox Live, which means if your friend has been playing games on his PC through a Windows Live Account, it will add points to his Xbox Live Account. He may have obtained points that way, since you claim he has only played one or two Xbox games.

Never knew that. Thanks for that info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Theres limited Windows Live games with achievos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's very possible.

This is a handy little thing that puts timestamps on the achievment list when viewing xbox.com

http://xenocidic.com/2008/04/11/how-to-view-achievement-unlocked-times.aspx

If all the achievments are gotten the same minute or within a minute of each other you know someting is fishy. Also, if online achievements are gotten offline, it's a pretty clear sign of gamerscore boosting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Seriously though, why bother? My previous xbl account had a decent and legit gamerscore and as you can see my new one is pretty low and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but what difference is it gonna make? It's not like women are gonna swoon knowing you've gotten the mile high club achievement in cod4, quite the opposite, they'll think you need to get out more...And may think you're a sexual predator...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

That_Guy wrote: »

If he is seriously bragging about his gamer score then the joke is very much on him the sad ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

All i can ask about this,Is why bother?You're gonna' go into games and play crap even though you've "completed" the whole game..I treat people with high gamer scores the same as everyone else,So it's pointless..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

IMO the only really good thing about cheeves and gamerscore is that it sometimes can act as a guide to side quests and stuff to do in certain games on the second play.The gamerscore is fairly useful as well when you're putting a team together for multiplayer, if its low on the game or they don't have certain cheevs then its usually safe to stay that they're probably crap and are gonna screw up the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Swizz wrote: »
    Theres limited Windows Live games with achievos

Yeah, i think theres only 5 or 6, incl Dawn of War2 , Gears or War and 1 or 2 others

Advertisement