Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed term contracts

Options
  • 10-09-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm working for a company in Dublin that hired me through an employment agency.

I've signed 2 fixed term contracts, the 2nd of which is due to expire next month after a total of 11 months employment. The same goes for the rest of my team.

Management have informed us that they will be rehiring for all our positions but that we can't apply for the jobs because there has to be a 3 month gap in employment before they can take us back.

It seems they're doing all this so as to avoid making us permanent.

Is this legit? Seems like dirty tricks to me.

Any advice appreciated as I haven't a clue about the relevant employment legislation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

its just dirty tricks sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You're a temp, that's the name of the game.

If your company wanted permanent staff then they would have hired permanent staff. I'm sorry, it sucks, but it wasn't exactly unexpected.

If they're willing to take you back after 3 months then that's not so bad really.

Advertisement