Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Agent, My Problems...

Options
  • 10-09-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

He is more like our Landlord Agent... But we have a problem with him anyway. As a couple we rented apt. and unfortunately everything is going true agency, and the guy who is 'taking care' of the apt. is a joke. We still don't have keys to the mailbox, only one key to the gates and main door (this one can not be copied is the one U can get from administration or something). We ask for it several times! His answer for a long mail with a list of questions ( what we can do about dirty walls and smelly furniture, etc.) was not related :( and we get this one sentence after another email.

Always rented directly from Landlords so this situation is new and
    weird for me. But tell me, is it really that hard to give us copy of
    agreement, keys and answer for few questions? I know at first he need to ask Landlord that questions. But we don't have any contact with the owner. We are in new place 3 weeks now. (only?). Anybody has similar
    experience and have some solutions :)? Or we just need to get use to? :)

cheers and sorry for my long blah blah ;)

eshter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Find some way of contacting the owner. His/her contact details will be on the prtb form you signed.

The landlord pays the agent to provide a service and will most likely have no idea agent is acting in this manner. For example the agent may be charging him for keys, cleaning walls and furniture etc and it is not being carried out.

Talk to the owner directly and get the situation clarified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eshter

Thank You for the answer :).We dont have (yet) the copy of prtb form or agreement. Agent said he will take care of that when he will be back from holidays. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Agent refused to give us any Landlord details as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

eshter wrote: »
    Thank You for the answer :).We dont have (yet) the copy of prtb form or agreement. Agent said he will take care of that when he will be back from holidays. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Agent refused to give us any Landlord details as well.

AFAIK the tenant is supposed to be given a copy of the lease containing the landlords name and address at the start of the tenancy.

I think its a legal requirement(not 100% sure).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

20goto10 wrote: »

Talk to the owner directly and get the situation clarified.

Generally an agent will make sure you can't find out this information. As a landlord you certainly would be very unhappy to discover your agent was not doing what he is paid for. I have used 4 different agencies and they have been absolutely useless. Once they get their money they do nothing for it. I would never advise anybody to use an agent as a tenant or a landlord.

You can only go to the agent in reality so if they have a boss go to them if not just repeat yourself on a daily basis via e-mail. Expect them not to do what you ask. So if they answer one question out of three repeat the two they don't answer. If they don't answer send two mails a day. Constant pressure is the only way. Don't bother getting frustrated as it will achieve nothing. The objective is to get what you want not have an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eshter

Thank You for all advices. So the solution is to become a Pain in The A... :).
    I can do that! We just double the pressure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement