Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

health problems/worrys ?

• 10-09-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Not looking for any medical advice.

But the about 2 and a half weeks ago I found a lump behind my ear, and its still there.
    So I'm going to the doctors about it because it feels raised tissue as apposed to a spot.

To be honest its ****ting me up Ive had it before but they go away after about a
    week its not sore to touch, just wondering has any one else ever had such ailment's. I shower daily and I'm a clean person. So I don't think its from being a smelly drippy hippie.
    But you know theres oh it could be cancerous or ya no.

Any way it got me thinking How quickly do you go about getting health worrys
    checked out ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Any way it got me thinking How quickly do you go about getting health worrys
    checked out ?

I only go to the Doc if I'm fairly certain I need him to prescribe something. Otherwise I just get on with it.

The only thing that's bugging me now is the possibility of going senile. And maybe prostate enlargement. Oh, and wheeziness following exertion. And breathlessness. Some dizzy spells. Forgetfulness. That's all. And the possibility of going senile...(Did I mention that already?)

And...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

mate - this may be a spot - but something behind your ear that is sore to touch can also be something serious (which I will not mention here).

Please go to your doctor to get piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

SM - Get thee to a docs and get it checked. I'd usually give something a day or so, but no longer. if it's serious, you need to give them the advantage of finding it early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Personally I wait a long time before getting anything checked. When blood appears where it shouldn't I brush it off and wait, usually within a week it stops. BTW that's definitely not what I'd advise anyone to follow. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I fully inted on getting it cheacked out :) booked in for Saturday.

but was curious to see, how long would you wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I reckon that if something comes up and it worries you - get it sorted with your GP.

You may feel silly afterwards if it is nothing - but its better to be sure than to leave something that can be harmful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm terrible for it, I'll tell someone else to go to the doctor as soon as possible, that anything worrying you is worth a check-out for peace of mind. The last time I had symptoms of anything though, I think I ignored it for a month, and the worrying did worse for me than anything else - I think it was because I knew exactly what it was because my mum had went through the same. All worked out in the end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

DrIndy wrote: »
    ... but its better to be sure than to leave something that can be harmful.

QFT.

OP ... off to the doctor with you, now!

Advertisement