Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AGAIN PIT get a 2nd and 2 and cant convert on 3rd n short.

EDIT:
    10-10, Reed FG good after PIT were insided the the 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

4 & 1, just inside the 10 yard line.

Big play coming up!

Ben calls a time-out so Reed kicks a 32 yarder to tie it up at 10-10.

big incompletion on 3rd and 10 for TEN. 1:57 left and PIT to recieve the punt with all 3 timeouts left. Steelers game to win now, game poised at 10-10

h.ward fumble at the TEN 4 with 57 seconds remaining

• Advertisement

:eek: Ward fumbles.
    OT beckons

and we are headed to overtime people. PIT to recieve the football first

finally the steelers convert a 3rd and short!!!

Next play - excellent pass by ben to Mike Wallace and a great catch by the rookie to set up a FG attempt from 33 yards

Reed converts - steelers win 13-10

Reed in perfect position for a field goal, 33 yard attempt.

Great drive by Roethlisberger, terrific catch by Mike Wallace.
    EDIT: He makes it! Steelers win! 13-10!

Like Michaels said; defense and Roethlisberger wins it.

Good solid game.

I'm off to bed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Good season opener. Polamalu was awesome to watch in the first quarter and that INT he made was incredible. Unfortunate he'll be out for 3-6 weeks guess that Madden curse struck again...

Both Defenses were excellent and even though the Titans lost going by that performance they'll still probably be thereabouts in the AFC South. Kinda unfortunate that they had to lose but their Kicker missed what looked like two automatic FG's so they only have themselves to blame.

Great to see the NFL back:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kenmcguire

Last until half time, figured the scoring might be low enough given the two TDs coming late int he second. The late games are a tough slog, switched to Field Pass radio but passed out at some stage over half time.

Troy's pick was awesome, nothing else for it, pity to see him go but at least it's the MCL and not his ACL, kiss goodbye to the Steelers safety if it was. You could see the impact of his loss as soon as he left the field and while I thought the game would go Steelers' way anyway, the Titans should have done a whole lot better with their kicking.

Odds on Larry Fitz picking up a knock in his first game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

WTF is with all the spoilers? Surely if people were going to watch the match later they'd stay away from the week one thread?:confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    WTF is with all the spoilers? Surely if people were going to watch the match later they'd stay away from the week one thread?:confused:
    well it didnt say spoiler in the thread title, better to be safe then sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Max Power1 wrote: »
    well it didnt say spoiler in the thread title, better to be safe then sorry!

Disagree, this spoiler-fest is hard to understand. Seriously, if you don't want to know how the game goes then don't look at the AF forum until you've watched it.

SantryRed wrote: »

In all fairness, I didn't want to ruin it for anyone.

Maybe a fan wanted to check in here to get pre-game opinions, line-up changes, last minute news or something?

The highlights were on the next day so spoiler was a safe option.

Anyways, I've never really talked on this through a game, I'll speak without spoilers the next time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

spoilers are mental here
    exactly why log in to check or comment on something you havent seen unless you want the update or result:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Don't know whether to start Cooley(Was) Boss(Nyg) or Carlson(Sea) in the tight end position in my fantasy team for the 9:00pm games.

Any ideas? I'm equally torn between all 3!

Touchdown AP versus the browns!

10-3

Also the Saints are hammering the lions 14-3, lions in redzone atm

Touchdown Falcons!. Some catch by Gonzalez to keep the drive going when it looked like a pick at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

Anyone having trouble trying to access the gamepass site? Always timing out on me when I try to login.

• Advertisement

CLE touchdown edwards, but its being challenged as he went out of bounds before making the catch - imo he went out and it wont stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Yep, bloody thing signed me out and won't let me back on. Not amused. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

yeah it was acting up for me too! its back now so hopefully its sorted

Still f'ed for me.

min challenge successful, saved them 4 points in the end as CLE have to settle for an FG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's up with Gamepass?

Got kicked out and now can't log in
    $239 for this?? :mad:

It's absolute bs. Really not happy. Pain in the ass getting it for me too, It wouldn't work on my own computer for no reason.

4 people ahead of me for live help. FFS!! :mad::mad::mad:

Gamepass is an absolute disgrace:mad::mad:

NFL Game Pass: We are aware of an issue related to slow page loads on NFL.com related sites - we're working to resolve the issue; please check back momentarily.

Fan f'in tastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I signed up in July
    Was well impressed

Then Week 1 it fails at the first hurdle. :mad:
    If I miss Week 1 here, tbh some sort of refund/credit is due

Advertisement