Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valve to sell L4D2 pc mods on XBL?

Options
  • 10-09-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

url

Maybe more suited to xbox...maybe HL but meh.

Won't bother me either way, I don't play L4D on 360 but the idea of console players paying for mods that are free on pc.

I know it happens with map packs etc etc and there's prolly a bit of work to be done by valve to check the mods etc etc but the money is going back to the mod devs.

Are there still good amateur modders out there for that matter?

Last one I remember was even trying was CS betas :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Valve's console support is rubbish - there are still no TF2 updates at all - so this wouldn't surprise me. As long as the original mod creators are getting paid though, I wouldn't have any real issue with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Their hands are tied on the TF update thing. It just seems to be too big to run on 360 due to memory restrictions on 360 if I read about it correctly.

Doing this makes sense as Ms don't want free content on the market place anyway. They will have a bit of work to do to make them up to scratch and it'll be nice to see modders getting some reward at last for all their hard work.

And the modding community has never had a higher level of quality in their production, at least for the best stuff.

Valve can run this as a competition on the PC side :D

Advertisement