Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy some nice art

Options
  • 10-09-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy some nice pictures (photographs, paintings, prints etc) for the house.
    I'm tired of all the stock pictures in places like Homestore and Debenhams etc.
    I don't mind paying a bit for a nice framed picture or canvas.

Can anyone recommend a few places I could check out around the Douglas and Cork City area or even Kinsale (I'm aware of Giles Norman, but anywhere else??).

I have been to the gallery in the Woolen Mills in Douglas, they have some nice stuff too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

There's a good place on Cook Street (across from Specsavers). They have some nice stuff and can frame your own prints, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I've seen some nice prints in the Kilkenny shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I know a lot of artists that would love to make some money. Benefits to you: relatively cheap original pieces.

What kind of work are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Kold wrote: »
    I know a lot of artists that would love to make some money. Benefits to you: relatively cheap original pieces.

What kind of work are you looking for?

that's a good idea, I never thought of that. It would also help a local artist which is always good.

What kind of work am I looking for?? Hmm, good question. You see I'm not exactly the culture vulture so I was hoping a few trips to some galleries etc would inspire me a tad!

If you know of any local artists selling stuff or where i might be able to view them feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Check out the little art show room by the organic and health food shop, close to the Fish Stalls in The English Market.
    The artists change quite regulary and you can pick up originals from as low as €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Jimmy1bob wrote: »
    Check out the little art show room by the organic and health food shop, close to the Fish Stalls in The English Market.
    The artists change quite regulary and you can pick up originals from as low as €60.

excellent, will do, thanks Jimmy. It's places like this I never knew existed.

Advertisement