Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2009 4:31pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a few friends over here and they want to go out in Dublin on the Saturday night they are here. So I thought I'd ask for recommendations.

Looking for a nightclub really, with an over 18's policy (opposed to over 21) thats good. Would prefer someone that's not full of chavs and undesirables, and places where the clientèle aren't running around in tracksuit bottoms or burberry hats.

So basically:

classy place, that lets over 18s in that's not rediculously expensive. I've heard about that place Tripod, what's peoples opinions on it? Looked up various ratings sites and results conflict.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

some of the boards forums have had beers in karma on fishamble street and its always been well recieved. the bouncers are sound and the clientelle are decent exept when des is there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

mate the Tripod is a savage spot but you get a mixture. Avoid the Vaults. Maybe try Button Factory.

Loads really

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

some of the boards forums have had beers in karma on fishamble street and its always been well recieved. the bouncers are sound and the clientelle are decent exept when des is there:pac:

Banned :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jay D wrote: »
    mate the Tripod is a savage spot but you get a mixture. Avoid the Vaults. Maybe try Button Factory.

Loads really

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126
    Define savage?

Not really up on this dublin lingo. :D

Does that mean its brilliant, or that it's full of wasters?

Who is this mystical Des? Is he the sort of guy you never forget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Tripod is a really good spot but sometimes it does be dead on Saturdays.

Try the Mezz/Thinktank in Temple Bar its really good the Saturdays ive been there since it was done up

If any of you have ever been to the Box in Belfast, I'm thinking along those lines, if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

awec wrote: »
    If any of you have ever been to the Box in Belfast, I'm thinking along those lines, if that helps.

ive been to the bot in belfast, is that what your talking about?

ive been to the bot in belfast, is that what your talking about?
    No, the Bot is a glorified pub full of country bumpkins. :D

The Box is a different place, it's a nightclub in the Odyssey arena.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far! I think this Tripod place looks decent (once I figure out what yer man meant by "savage".)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Go up the harcourt end dude get there early and no problems D2, coppers And Tripod all good!!! Coppers Best for getting hooked up with someone!!!

• Advertisement

The reason I'm concerned about not having chavs etc in the place is that we all either have a Northern accent or an English one, and I can't be arsed with any bother.

So these places are all spot on for that, aye?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The reason I'm concerned about not having chavs etc in the place is that we all either have a Northern accent or an English one, and I can't be arsed with any bother.

So these places are all spot on for that, aye?

in 99% of places this will be no problem for ya. I go out all the time (and bring my English accent with me) and regularly go out with Nordies and theres never a problem tbh.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    in 99% of places this will be no problem for ya. I go out all the time (and bring my English accent with me) and regularly go out with Nordies and theres never a problem tbh.
    Good stuff.

So you recommend this Tripod and Coppers place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good stuff.

So you recommend this Tripod and Coppers place?

Hmmm.

Well having spent the last 3 years going to Coppers almost everytime I go out I personally now hate the place but I would recommend you going there.

Tripod can also be pretty decent too and within a few meters of both places is D2. The advantage of going to the Harcourt area is that these 3 places are all pretty close so if you can't get into 1 place you can just try another.

Of course, it also depends on what you are looking to get out of the night....

A laugh mostly!

Advertisement