Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest you've been

• 10-09-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

First of all before I start I'd like to say I'm not blowing my own trumpet here (Ooer Missus :eek:) as some of you know I have quite a fast bike.

I bought it for touring in mind and had no intention of driving fast. I just couldn't really handle it.

With that out of the way I'd like to say "Hoooooly Foooook", its fast. I was coming home from a nice 400k ride with the missus on the back and the home stretch inside the city is speed limit free. I was conserving my fuel feeling frugal because I just lost my job and had the bike at about 160kph (3500rpm) in 6th which trundles along nicely. Decided to treat myself and rolled on the throttle. We very quickly climbed up to 240kph. I was in the wrong gear as well, should have been in 5th and it would have taken off like a scaled cat.

Got home, stuck her in the garage and went and made a cuppa. Thought to myself that was a bit silly and then went out to check the tyres. That little indiscretion wore a significant chunk of tyre off :(

So, thats my little story, whats the fastest you've been on your bike ? on a closed road with the proper safety equipment etc ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

180+ mph, had a CBR900 flat out, some buzz but scared myself at the same time.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

68 mph on a dragstar 12 fizzle beeatch!!! :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

180mph. Years ago. Pillion. It was blurry from vibration, I was glad I wasnt driving.

I really hope this thread doesnt turn into an 'I can beat that!' thread, where someone goes nuts on the m50 just to post here. Remember Ghost rider got killed, didnt he? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Oryx wrote: »
    180mph. Years ago. Pillion. It was blurry from vibration, I was glad I wasnt driving.

I really hope this thread doesnt turn into an 'I can beat that!' thread, where someone goes nuts on the m50 just to post here. Remember Ghost rider got killed, didnt he? :(

..or people coming along lying through their teeth.......;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sids Not wrote: »
    ..or people coming along lying through their teeth.......;)
    Well at least that cant kill ya. :)

In case you were being specific to me, :p twas a gsxr750 drag bike, two up on the Cork road, circa 1992. Truth, your honour, but I think the statutes run out on it now. :D

Sigh. The memories. Before I discovered parenthood and mortality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

218kph on the speedo. Don't think my bike would go much faster. Wish I had a fairing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

My bike struggles to go past 160kph :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

160kph-ish, down the m4 to see my girlfriend, and then back, same speed. Could go faster if i wasn't riding a restricted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

KamiKazi wrote: »
    My bike struggles to go past 160kph :o

My dragstar can just about reach 120kph, and feels like it's going to explode at that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

145 MPH on my hornet 600 comming back from visiting my girlfriend in Dublin and it looked like it was gona rain.

Ill miss the bike when i get the chance to sell it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've done plus 160 & 170 MPH a a lot.

But the best buzz was a few years ago travelling northbound on the M50.

I was driving a Vespa PX200 with a tail wind - the speed went off the scale (120Kph - not MPH this time!.). Anyway I seen a bike catching up on me in the mirror - the guy draw's level, points to his speed and gives me the thumbs up (before speeding off).

It must have been a pretty impressive speed for the little Vespa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

146mph a few weeks ago. Down in mates house and his mate was there. Loud mouth fella. Asked me for a lift home. Decided to scare the tough image out of him. Flying down the road. Looked down clock was on 146. Looked back up and a roundabout appeared outta nowhere.

169 KPH on the MT-01. The bike feels like it has plenty more in it but I'm no Valentino Rossi and didn't want to push any further :o

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I was driving a Vespa PX200 with a tail wind - the speed went off the scale (120Kph - not MPH this time!.). Anyway I seen a bike catching up on me in the mirror - the guy draw's level, points to his speed and gives me the thumbs up (before speeding off).

That sounds like me when i had a yamaha Aerox, Went off the clock with a friend on the back (about 100kmph) cause there was sooo much missing on the bike. Great scooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

jes, i remember back in the day going down the road on my honda Bali, hoping for a tale wind, so that i could get over 30 mph maybe even 32 if i was going down hill.
    a while ago on deauville 700, about 187kph once and only once.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

My bike struggles to go after I crashed it - again :o

FYP

Sorry, could not help myself. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

173mph(I like my clock set to mph for some reason) was the last figures I saw on the clock of my current bike(08 R1) before I decided looking at the road was probably more important at that speed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Indicated 190mph on a '00 ZX12r heading to Tralee for a rally a few years back.

P.C. wrote: »
    FYP

Sorry, could not help myself. :D

That's it, no more ice cream for you.

That sounds like me when i had a yamaha Aerox, Went off the clock with a friend on the back (about 100kmph) cause there was sooo much missing on the bike. Great scooter.

Haha, I did the same with my Aerox when I was 16. Had 70cc kit, sports exhaust, new rollers - used to hit 65mph :D It did feel like it was about to implode though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Road bike: 299kph (speedo stops there). I believe that's a true 295kph...

Race bike: probably around the same down the straight in Bishopscourt although I couldn't be 100% sure as the speedo his hidden. It's flat out in 6th anyway!

clock stops at 299 but there still a few revs left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

seanybiker wrote: »
    146mph a few weeks ago. Down in mates house and his mate was there. Loud mouth fella. Asked me for a lift home. Decided to scare the tough image out of him. Flying down the road. Looked down clock was on 146. Looked back up and a roundabout appeared outta nowhere.

haha you shoud have left him walk home seany or let him sign himself into the mental that nite like he was saying he was going to do lol but i agree theres not enough space between the roundabouts down here :),,,,he some awarkward lump of a passenger him for the short distance i brought him that night and i was on the go slow ,,,i cudnt imagine wot he was like at that speed lol fastest iv been on a bike is 125mph on my old nc30 years ago but i dont like speed as much anymore ,,,,the speed limit dose me grand unless im stuck behind a smelly skip lorrie :)

Road bike: 299kph (speedo stops there). I believe that's a true 295kph...

Race bike: probably around the same down the straight in Bishopscourt although I couldn't be 100% sure as the speedo his hidden. It's flat out in 6th anyway!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I'll second that :eek:for the 299kph,christ sake I get weak watching them do that on utube.200K is about my limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I was working at the north west last year for the bike safety campaign which the cops run up north... while chatting to one one them I just asked how’s the track.. and the sergeant of it says ya had a good run last night. Down the back I reached 185.. Dead faced.. And my work collage says KPH and he goes no MPH... Funniest conversation ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

:eek:
    have u not seen his pic wen he looses the front wheel and keeps the bike up with his leathers till he gains trraction again and races on again lol feicn nuter aye lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

161KPH on me hornet 600. (Feckin restrictor)

kkhornet wrote: »
    161KPH on me hornet 600. (Feckin restrictor)

Take it out quick lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

KTRIC wrote: »
    First of all before I start I'd like to say I'm not blowing my own trumpet here (Ooer Missus :eek:) as some of you know I have quite a fast bike.

I bought it for touring in mind and had no intention of driving fast. I just couldn't really handle it.

With that out of the way I'd like to say "Hoooooly Foooook", its fast. I was coming home from a nice 400k ride with the missus on the back and the home stretch inside the city is speed limit free. I was conserving my fuel feeling frugal because I just lost my job and had the bike at about 160kph (3500rpm) in 6th which trundles along nicely. Decided to treat myself and rolled on the throttle. We very quickly climbed up to 240kph. I was in the wrong gear as well, should have been in 5th and it would have taken off like a scaled cat.

Got home, stuck her in the garage and went and made a cuppa. Thought to myself that was a bit silly and then went out to check the tyres. That little indiscretion wore a significant chunk of tyre off :(

So, thats my little story, whats the fastest you've been on your bike ? on a closed road with the proper safety equipment etc ;)

I must remember that excuse.

Advertisement