Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest you've been

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

marlin vs wrote: »
    I must remember that excuse.

Look at his location, it might give you a clue why using that excuse might not work here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Look at his location, it might give you a clue why using that excuse might not work here :P

AHH !. got you, my mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Road bike: 299kph (speedo stops there). I believe that's a true 295kph...

The ZZR is the same , stops at 299 but in 5th with a whole gear left.

What are you driving Steffano ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Speed and bikes dont mix well if you ask me. Ive travelled at 160km/h but the sense of vunerability was too much for compfort.

As a pillion Ive doe faster but i cant say how fast. (Because I couldnt see the speedo!) I was trained back in the day by an off duty bike corp Garda. He put me on the back of his (personal) Pan and took me on one of their training routes. Scarred the bejaysus out of me. At the time i was learning I could hardly do 50km/h on the route never mind anything faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

on topic of speed but coming from a different directing. The slowest I can go on my bike is 3mph. Can go along at that speed without taking legs off the pegs. I know thats not crazy or anything but Im kinda proud of my slow control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KTRIC wrote: »
    The ZZR is the same , stops at 299 but in 5th with a whole gear left.
    I blocked it in 6th. Not sure if 5th gets there... Must try on the way home this evening! :p
    What are you driving Steffano ?
    CBR1000RR-6 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    :eek:
    I'm sure you'll be doing the same in no time Kami! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

293 on me r1 stopped lookin there she had a little more in her-M1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Managed to crack the 'ton' a magicial three times in the 90's on a GT550 and happy knowing I experienced it - does that make me a hero or a sado? Though I do crack 85/90 mph on the odd occasion these days....and still have fun :p

as long as your having fun nodster its grand. Speed aint all its cracked out to be.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    as long as your having fun nodster its grand. Speed aint all its cracked out to be.

Very true, the sense of speed isn't the same on a bike as in a cage. I don't know why, maybe someone can explain it.

on topic of speed but coming from a different directing. The slowest I can go on my bike is 3mph. Can go along at that speed without taking legs off the pegs. I know thats not crazy or anything but Im kinda proud of my slow control.

I can go slower.

gdpitcom45464554191.gif

Very true, the sense of speed isn't the same on a bike as in a cage. I don't know why, maybe someone can explain it.
    100 in a car is worse than 100 on bike. I be crapping meself in car at that speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

My throttle cable broke, so zero at the moment, though I have a scooter which can do 50 mph. I suppose 100 mph on a bike that could do more. The wire cable on the motorway median keep me from going particularly fast. 93 mph on the KZ 750, and it was found in tests to only go about 99 point something mph. It took too long getting there. I have had some work done so maybe it's better.

woo I got me slow control down to 2mph today. Ha ha cars behind me where not happy. I filtered to front as ya do and took off at 2mph for about
    15-20 foot. Lol @ me for being proud for being a slow biker.

woo I got me slow control down to 2mph today. Ha ha cars behind me where not happy. I filtered to front as ya do and took off at 2mph for about

Now that's hardcore

Can't beat a bit of skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I'll see your 2mph and raise you 1.86mph (3kph on the dial). ;)
    Very slow parking garage gate means plenty of daily go slow action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Dorsanty wrote: »
    I'll see your 2mph and raise you 1.86mph (3kph on the dial). ;)
    Very slow parking garage gate means plenty of daily go slow action.

Anyone can go slow in a straight line, how slow can you go round a corner. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

done 230 and ran out of petrol lol

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    done 230 and ran out of petrol lol

it's crazy to see your fuel consumption at that speed, it's off the charts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Can't say its any worse then the 5mpg I have seen on some vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

no fancy digital gauges on my bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I've pushed 160kph on the Bros. I don't think I'd want a bike that goes any faster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I've pushed 160kph on the Bros. I don't think I'd want a bike that goes any faster.

My Super4 starts running out of power around that speed too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

KamiKazi wrote: »
    My Super4 starts running out of power around that speed too :p

It's grand tho, cause it'll get up to that speed quick enough. It's not like it takes a half hour. Not many times you need to do over a ton to get anywhere.

I remember practically lying flat on my old GZ250 with feet on passenger pegs trying to get it to hit 120kph. It took a phenomenal amount of time.

All that being said, I'd love to take a 'blade up to the limit on a nice straight road with no traffic - just once. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I remember practically lying flat on my old GZ250 with feet on passenger pegs trying to get it to hit 120kph. It took a phenomenal amount of time.

6a0111684ebe49970c011570216df7970c-800wi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Got about 135mph out of my old SV650S coming home for the Skerries races (M1). Probably the limit of the engine!

Pretty irresponsible now that I look back on it as a mature adult :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

My previous bike (a 748) got to 160mph
    My current bike (M900) got to about 125mph (a lot of wind resistance)

Once you reach 150mph I found you can suffer from tunnel vision. I wouldn't want to do that again on anything other than a very long and very straight road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

got 155kph out of my restricted fazer, not bad considering im a rather large individual*

*fat cnut

Advertisement