Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest you've been

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

70mph on my restricted tdr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

wot do they actualy restrict a tdr ,,,im tinking the 125 2stroke version by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

wot do they actualy restrict a tdr ,,,im tinking the 125 2stroke version by the way :)

There was a short lived 250 version which is savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

tdr rules. Loves them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

100km/h officer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

Years ago I used to ride an exup 1000. Was heading back home from a mates house about 12 ish one nite on a straight wide road. No other traffic about and 2 mile straight dead ahead. Nailed it and saw 183 on the clock before I had to slack off comming up to a hill. Had tunnel vision at that speed....mad. What happened next was even madder...
    Slacked off to around 120 as I was getting close to a major town. Felt quite slow at that. Slowed right down to the limit heading into town and as I was skirting the town limits, heading down a street that led out my road, what do ya think I saw in the mirror. Yep, blue lights !!
    Not too sure why, but as I was certain they hadn't seen my plate, something told me to get the fcuk outta there. Opened her up again and flew out the road home. Left'em sitting. Reached the house after a few mins and parked her out the back. Gave it a quick hose down with water to cool the engine and pipe and headed indoors. About 30 seconds later, 3 squad cars flew up the road in hot pursuit and dissapeared into the night.
    Got in and told the oul man what just happened. Just as well I did cos about 20 mins later a knock came to the back door. Nice mr garda enquiring to my recent whereabouts. "Well I had just gotten back from visiting my girlfriend about an hour ago officer"." Why's the bike wet then", he asked. "Well it had just got splashed with cow**** on me way home" Told me they had clocked a bike doing 117mph on they way into town. "Obviously wasn't me anyway" said I. The oul fella backed me up and the nice garda left with his tail between his legs.

Moral of the story.... Ya gotta catch yer goose to cook it !! :D:D

Disclaimer - This may be a total figment of my imagination and may never have taken place.....officer :P:P:rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

about 155mph on my race CBR600 down the straight in Aghadowey track (yr2000 pre 93 class)and the mainfuse blew just before the breaking point for the righthander (faulty fuel pump), kept control and anyone behind me were able to avoid........phew!
    No spare pump and had to sit out the rest of the day.

Advertisement