Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Coal and Turf in Limerick City

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

I recently moved to limerick and im just wondering where is a good place to buy coal and briqettes and things like that. I live near cahirdavin and i dont see anywhere that sells them?!

I wouldnt need much just a bag every now and again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Walters fuels at watchhouse cross your best bet...

Pass thomand park as if ur heading into town and turn left at the lights after it....travel bout quarter of a mile and you come to another set of lights and its on ur left ....u cant miss it..

Sells everything and is cheaper when u collect yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Keanes of The Island Field used to sell coal. I'm not sure if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

suttons coal, on courtbrack avenue down from scotts bar, just off the dock road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I actually got asked for ID at my Local Co-Op shop when buying coal last christmas!!!! Which I thought was crazy!

Living in the dooradoyle area and the guy at the shop wanted to see ID to buy 2 bags of Ordinary Coal! I said I was not trying to purchase Cocaine! only some bloody coal! but he would not sell me any the B**t**d.

Some form of ristriction forceing people on the outskirts of the city to specifically use smokeless fuel.
    I ended up just going to a shop in Clarina and buying two bags from the local shop there.

The Smokeless coal is rubbish and it has consistantly caused nothing but sparks and shards of embers that have in the past nearly hit my own eyes and my girlfriends when it sparks, and its burned one of our cats from a stray spark. (Burned cat hair does not smell nice) and has also sparked out on my Couch and Wood flooring. It means I need to have the fire guard up ALL of the time so the enjoyment of a real open fire and the actual heat form it is null and void.

I still get turf from my family down Listowel Direction.
    Feck all heat but a lovely warm feeling and smell when you burn it.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

steveon wrote: »
    Walters fuels at watchhouse cross your best bet...

Pass thomand park as if ur heading into town and turn left at the lights after it....travel bout quarter of a mile and you come to another set of lights and its on ur left ....u cant miss it..

Sells everything and is cheaper when u collect yourself..

Ah yes i think i may have passed by that place once before. I will go down there later and pick up some stuff. Thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Ah yes i think i may have passed by that place once before. I will go down there later and pick up some stuff. Thanks:D

No probs glad to help out.....welcome to Limerick by the way.

Advertisement