Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny IT Freshers week

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Does anybody know who to contact in Letterkenny It regarding freshers week? Im just wondering if anything is planned in the pubs or clubs??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Its the last week of September as far as I know.

Usually quite a bit on around town. Main highlights are Wednesday in Milan and thursday in the Pulse (Freshers Ball) These are the main student nights anyway every week

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

atomicent wrote: »
    Does anybody know who to contact in Letterkenny It regarding freshers week? Im just wondering if anything is planned in the pubs or clubs??

Not sure who the new Entertainments Officer is in the college. I think Breeda is the President of the SU now...

Breeda.McGoldrick@lyit.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

Brolly wrote: »
    Not sure who the new Entertainments Officer is in the college. I think Breeda is the President of the SU now...

Breeda.McGoldrick@lyit.ie

Paul mc Daid is the Entertainments Officer and i assume his emails paul.mcdaid@lyit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

hope ye all pop over to the forums section and support the LYIT forum proposal, best way 2 get info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It'll obviously be announced closer to the date whatever's going to be happening..its not for a few weeks yet so doubt the final schedule's been finalised but as said above its usually just Milan & Pulse and a few random events

• Advertisement

So what happened last thurs and friday??? im a mature student and applied late so wasnt allowed to attend, im starting monday so did i miss much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

theboss80 wrote: »
    So what happened last thurs and friday??? im a mature student and applied late so wasnt allowed to attend, im starting monday so did i miss much?

Are you a first year?Thursday was registration and Friday was an induction day for first years afaik.I'am not back till monday either.

Ya im starting my first year but as i only applied and got accepted last week I was too late for the normal registration. So im starting monday morning and assume get registered this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Ya im starting my first year but as i only applied and got accepted last week I was too late for the normal registration. So im starting monday morning and assume get registered this week.

What course you doing?

irlpic wrote: »
    What course you doing?

Construction and Fire Technology
    u?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Construction and Fire Technology
    u?

I'm doing Digital Forensics.

Basically Thurs/Fri involved
    1. Registration
    2. A quick computer test to find out if you have any handicaps/disabilities.
    3. A talk from head of dept/nurse/lecturers etc.
    4. Preliminary timetables for first semester were giving out.

The LYIT, i would have imagined should have given you an information pack by post by now detailing relevant course info etc,but seeing as you seem to have received a third round offer you will not have received this due to time constraints.

If you are living close by come down to the college around 9.15 on Monday morn,report to reception and give your details and they will point you in the right direction.

Good luck on your course, things will become clearer after Monday morning's usual chaos.Enjoy yourself and get involved in as many clubs as possible.

Ya im supposed to check in at 9.10 at the registry. Was hoping to have gotten my timetable via email or sumthing. Or at least i thought it wud be up on the website.

Wont be joining many clubs.the other half wouldnt be that impressed haha. Im a basketball coach though so wanna get involved with hat when i get hold of the right person.

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Ya im supposed to check in at 9.10 at the registry. Was hoping to have gotten my timetable via email or sumthing. Or at least i thought it wud be up on the website.

Wont be joining many clubs.the other half wouldnt be that impressed haha. Im a basketball coach though so wanna get involved with hat when i get hold of the right person.

Thanks for the reply

You should be grand,the staff are a great help and will sort you out on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Hi, I'm also a mature student starting in LYIT on Monday.
    I'm starting year 3 in IT Support as I've previously worked in IT and have a higher level diploma. The diploma was through Oscail/DCU distance education so this will be my first day in school since 1976!
    I registered on Thursday and wondered if I missed out on some info/talk/tour for first-timers because I was going into 3rd yr.
    I suppose it'll all sort itself out over the next week or so.

The thing on Friday wasnt really important afaik, just a basic introduction to your class, facilities etc. Everyone will be confused on Monday morning and things will be a bit of a mess but just head to your department offices and they'll tell you everything you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got my timetable in thursday. not in until 12:15 monday's :D

anymore news on fresher's week?

Monday: Mystery Bus Tour
    Tuesday: Arena 7
    Wednesday: Milan/Sarah's
    Thursday: The Blizzards & Slam (Pulse I assume)

Got that in Lust magazine today..I'd imagine Tuesday & Wednesday are just normal nights out, Mystery Bus will basically be a bus tour to somewhere for a night out

Edit: Forgot to say, its in two weeks time..

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to LYIT sub forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Harps wrote: »
    Monday: Mystery Bus Tour
    Tuesday: Arena 7
    Wednesday: Milan/Sarah's
    Thursday: The Blizzards & Slam (Pulse I assume)

Got that in Lust magazine today..I'd imagine Tuesday & Wednesday are just normal nights out, Mystery Bus will basically be a bus tour to somewhere for a night out

Edit: Forgot to say, its in two weeks time..

Yup says on back of magazine its in the pulse

So it does! Also noticed theres a Foam Party in the Grill on Wednesday

• Advertisement

nice one! might head in there for a few see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Tonight or during freshers week??

Freshers week..

Theres some other thing on there tonight, Tag Party or something. Not too sure what it is exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

Yeah it was a "shag tag" if a boy was given the tag mickey mouse he'd have to try to find Minnie....they didn't open the big club though so was absolutely jammers. Seems there's going to be big competition between the Grill and Milan for Wednesday nights this year!

zoey wrote: »
    Yeah it was a "shag tag" if a boy was given the tag mickey mouse he'd have to try to find Minnie....they didn't open the big club though so was absolutely jammers. Seems there's going to be big competition between the Grill and Milan for Wednesday nights this year!

Yup, i was there, seems to me that the place was swamped..
    Me and my OH left cos it was so full. I hope there is a bit more competion as the pulse is so expensive!!!! 3e drink, can't go wrong..

Foam Party in the Pulse tonight :D

Never been to one so might check it out

Foam Party in the Pulse tonight :D

Never been to one so might check it out

i wanted to go so badly, but i just been to the nurse and i have a chest infection. dont think a foam party will go down well for my lung's atm.

Another one on tomorrow in the Grill if you're fit for it!

went to the pulse last night. didnt see no foam :( my chest hates me now.
    but when i got home, i dropped my laptop on my toe and was in a&e until 6am

• Advertisement

2 drinks for 3e tonight in milan.. I'm looking forward to it, cos i was at the grill last week! Jammers!

Advertisement