Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permit

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm applying to get a parking permit in cork city area.

I need to register on the voters list in cork city. I have to do it in the presence of a Peace Commissioner/Commissioner for Oaths or a Practising Solicitor in Cork City/County.

How exactly do I go about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Hi,

I'm applying to get a parking permit in cork city area.

I need to register on the voters list in cork city. I have to do it in the presence of a Peace Commissioner/Commissioner for Oaths or a Practising Solicitor in Cork City/County.

How exactly do I go about this?

all you gotta do is get the form from the city council offices and pop into a garda station with your passport/drivers license.

They make it sound much worse than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ball_of_Sex

Can the garda station be any where in the cork area or must it be in the city?

Can the garda station be any where in the cork area or must it be in the city?

I'd guess it can be anywhere - but there is garda station pretty close to the city council offices so you could swing by when you're dropping it in maybe.

I heard there extremely bureaucratic in the city council and it'll take weeks before I have my disk.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I heard there extremely bureaucratic in the city council and it'll take weeks before I have my disk.

Anyone have any experience with this?

To be honest they were much easier to deal with than their counterparts in waterford from my experience,
    basically get you insurance company to send out a new insurance cert to your new address (will take about 2-3 working days)
    get your car registration log book or cert and go to the motor tax office on model farm road (they will give you a reciept there and then which is good enough for the council)
    Get you register of electors thing done and the council will also give you a reciept there and then which is also good enough
    If you're renting bring a copy of your lease agreement along aswell and 2 utility bills for the new address,
    and I think that's all you need - they will give you a 6 month temp one immediately so no waiting around but within that 6 months you need to make sure the landlord gets your PRTB registration thingie because they won't give you another temp one.

Honestly I got off my arse one day and got the whole lot done in about 2 hours the only waiting I had to do was for the insurance cery which my insurers had to send me in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I got mine a few months ago. I went to the Garda station first, as I did not want to change my voting registration - guards would not help. I had to go to a solicitor to get it signed.

I also went to the Motor Tax office with the form that the council said I could get stamped at the MTO instead of changing my Vehicle Registration Cert, but they looked at me like I had ten heads in the motor tax office, and told me I had to send my Vehicle Registration Book to Shannon to have the vehicle registered for the new address - that took about a month before they returned it to me.

Then I brought my new Vehicle Registration Cert, my new Insurance letter registered to the new address, 2 bills, stamped cert from solicitor, letter from my landlord saying that PRTB registration was in progress, and my ten euro.

I had to go back a few times because they weren't happy with copies of my bills, they wanted to see the originals as well, and then took the copy - little issues like that. It was def a hassle, but worth it.

PRTB took about 6 months to complete and eventually I got my actual permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

mayordenis wrote: »
    Get you register of electors thing done and the council will also give you a reciept there and then which is also good enough
    How do you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you go down the side of the GPO there is a photographers half way down the street. The owner is a Commisioner of Oaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i keep misreading the title of this thread as "Sex permit"

I went to the garda station today and they told me they cant stamp it anymore.

I only bought my car last week so I dont have my tax book and I only moved in last week so it will be a while before I have my 2 bills.

What do I need to get the temporary disk?

I'm in the city center so parking is a real pain in the arse

• Advertisement

Dankoozy wrote: »
    i keep misreading the title of this thread as "Sex permit"

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Miaireland wrote: »
    If you go down the side of the GPO there is a photographers half way down the street. The owner is a Commisioner of Oaths.

I rang Barrys photographers of 5 Pembroke st Cork- he is down the side of the GPO. He is a Peace Commissioner.

I need a
    Commissioner of Oaths...is there anyone else in cork city (on the cheap)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

askU wrote: »
    I rang Barrys photographers of 5 Pembroke st Cork- he is down the side of the GPO. He is a Peace Commissioner.

I need a
    Commissioner of Oaths...is there anyone else in cork city (on the cheap)?

Sorry but you did say Peace Commissioner in your first post!

Ring the Law Department in City Hall they should be able to give you a name.

Advertisement