Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bookshop/ charity shop Limerick

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi

I used to go to a secondhand bookshop that was upstairs in Limerick city.
    I went to go there today but it was gone. I couldnt find any other secondhand bookshop or a charity shop. Could someone help me with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was it the one upstairs in Little Catherine Street that you used to go to?

If not, have a look there.

There used to be one near the Round House pub just off of William street.

Trying to think where else as the one on Henry Street across from Bank Of Scotland closed down.

There was one on William street on the right hand side near the Foxes Bow lane, but am not sure if that is still there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Would it be Gerry Hannons book shop on William Street, now an internet cafe?

Plenty of charity shops on William Street selling books

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

John O'Briens? I think he has moved, no idea where though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I found the best place for books is the svp charity shop just up the alley way next to Bean a Ti on Little Catherine Street. the books are usually decent quality and a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There used to be a place in the Cresent shopping centre but its gone.

There was one near the carpark Gym near the new Dunnes
    but any time I've passed its been closed.

There was one in Little Catherine street if thats correct??
    the Junction between William street and Thomas street?

There was the mad fella's thats been round for years who sold books/mags/games
    High Street Books? was it? that was near the Round house for years, moved to william street, then back to near the roundhouse.

There was Browsers on Will'im street dunno if thats gone now and replaced by some DVD (Moviedrome?)rental store.

Also on the junction between Thomas st/Cathrine st/William street there was a Book shop that sold new and 2nd hand books.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was it the one upstairs in Little Catherine Street that you used to go to?

If not, have a look there.

There used to be one near the Round House pub just off of William street.

Trying to think where else as the one on Henry Street across from Bank Of Scotland closed down.

There was one on William street on the right hand side near the Foxes Bow lane, but am not sure if that is still there either.

Yes that was the one is used to go to. I had a good walk around the city center yesterday without much success. Rents must be too high for the profits secondhand books make in the city

Advertisement