Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floors

• 10-09-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi

Looking for a bit of info. We are doing a self build at the minute renovating an old farmhouse. We are now ready to pour the floors over the insulation and u/floor heating pipes. Whats the best way round this. There is poor access round the house so the biggest we could get in is a mini mix and I dont want to barrow the cement over the pipes/insulation if I can help it. I dont think minimix lorries can pump the cement.

Is there an easy solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

unfortuantly not...good old fashioned hard work should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PKWATERFORD

Hard work is not an issue. Will I damage pipes etc barrowing cement over them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Hard work is not an issue. Will I damage pipes etc barrowing cement over them?

Yes you run the risk of damage. Use a concrete pump.
    What thickness is your slab with the UFH pipes?

The slab is 3" on top of pipes and insulation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Thank you, that is the maximum thickness it should be to work efficiently for UFH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Well pk, what you can do is if you cant get a pump is to barrow it in but to put down 10mm ply on top of pipes from door way in.
    Barrow in as far as you can using the ply as your walkway and then shovel and wrake after that. As you start to fill floor pull up a sheet and so on.
    2 or 3 sheets will do you. And make up a few tampers out of 4x2 for settling concrete when you have it poured

That sounds like a plan. It had been suggested to use planks for it but I thought that left a lot of room for error. Sheets of ply (which I have left over from another part of the job) sound like the plan.

Is is just me or do these old renovations sound like the best idea ever until you are in the middle of one? Hopefully this is the last of the tricky jobs.

Advertisement