Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Michelin Eating Out in Pubs Guide

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Well done to The Lobster Pot, Carne for being 1 of 17 pubs that made it to 2010 Pub Guide.

Shocking that there isn't much more. I think The Lobster Pot is the only one in the south east region.

Source http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0910/1224254199890.html

I've never eaten there before but will make it my business to go before Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

maybe I caught the place on a bad day but whilst food wasn't bad IMO it wan't anything to write home about....anyone been there and suggest anything particularly good to order....would definitely go again to give it another go!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

I haven't been there for a few years, but I don't remember the food as being outstanding. Nice spot right enough and a decent feed, but hardly Michelin standard, I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

From listening to the editor of the guide on The Last Word with Matt Cooper it came across that they were very picky and selective who gets in the guide and that is why there is only 17 pubs mentioned in Ireland. I haven't been there myself but plan on going to see if the guide is correct or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Have been there a few times - food was fine but found the staff arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Have been there a few times - food was fine but found the staff arrogant.

It's also very child unfriendly - which for some might be a good thing but for me means I won't darken their door again even if the children aren't in tow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement