Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously - Will The Irish Public Please cop The Hell On!

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I rant and rave and a lot of the time, I am wrong.
    - But seriously, how stupid and lazy, arsed too complacent and does the Irish people have to be to let our government to get away with their latest crap?

I have had to help lead a national campaign to see that the wards and theatres in Crumlin Hospital don't further close down more. €9 million was the price just too keep the doors open, the lights on and MEDICAL staff working.
    Other concerned people have had to fight tool and nail for cervical cancer inoculations for our next generation of Irish citizens. The cost of that was just under €9 million and on average would save 78 lives a year!
    The government TD's refuse so much to take ANY form of pay cuts AT ALL or enact anything that will effect their UN-vouched, gravy train expenses scandal. So blatant and two fingers up into the face of the Irish people are they, that they bring also about the resignation of an internationally recognised man who fought them tooth and nail for five years with his staff!

They claimed they couldn't find the money for the Hospital!
    They claimed they couldn't find the money for the inoculations!
    They claimed they couldn't survive if THEY took cuts themselves (but expects EVERY other person in the nation to!)

Yet - NOW (Thursday) they announce that they are spending €10 million Euro to build a 7km bike path through Dublin (to pacify the Greens and keep them on side and thus THEMSELVES in power).

My question to this forum is:

When the fcuk will the bony arsed, lazy, dumb sheep of this country start to see the morally corrupt shower that is running/ruining this country and when are we going to finally get rid of them!

Its fcuking disgusting whats going on! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

It sure is - sorry to hear about the outcome.

The greens have a lot to answer for, along with the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm surprised the unemployed haven't taken to the street in large numbers, they have the time to do so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The government is a wholly joke - they aint got a clue what joe bloggs is doing day after day, i wonder when was the last time they had to go down to the tax office and tax their own car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Shepherd3

Redpunto wrote: »
    The government is a wholly joke - they aint got a clue what joe bloggs is doing day after day, i wonder when was the last time they had to go down to the tax office and tax their own car?

Not unwholly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

they dont have cars, there driven around in state cars by gardai, all of course paid by use.

On the expenses front each td has an allowance every 18 months of 700euro to buy a new phone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm surprised the unemployed haven't taken to the street in large numbers, they have the time to do so now.

Maybe, then again all these protests have been on a Saturday. WTF is that going to do, it doesn't inconvenience the TD's or ministers in any way. They're probably off having a round of golf somewhere or in a pub getting pissed.

It's just sickening that they spend money on crap like this and can't bother looking after the more important stuff first. They need to get their priorities straight. They also need to take MASSIVE paycuts. No exceptions. I heard them talking about forcing civil servants to take pay cuts, but the "management" :rolleyes: need to take a cut first. I'm sure that would save an awful lot. As for that meagre cut they took a few months back, gimme a break! That was nothing to them.

:mad:

Could boards organise a petition of no confidence in the government with a link back to this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

We need a political party devoted to people instead of the environment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dord wrote: »
    ...As for that meagre cut they took a few months back, gimme a break! That was nothing to them.

It was nothing. ONLY 5 now have volunteered to take a 10% cut.
    The rest have declined quietly. Thats 140+ TD's that are currently stll milking the gravy train while telling everyone else in the state to tighten their own belts!

Ireland - WAKE THE FCUK UP!!!

Biggins wrote: »
    It was nothing. ONLY 5 now have volunteered to take a 10% cut.
    The rest have declined quietly. Thats 140+ TD's that are currently stll milking the gravy train while telling everyone else in the state to tighten their own belts!

Ireland - WAKE THE FCUK UP!!!

Yup. They have to volunteer? Fcuk that!

It should be mandatory and at 20% minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Greens need to take a long walk off a short cliff

I don't give a fcuk about bikes or greenhouse emmissions, I care about being able to afford food. **** off with your taxes and shove them up your fat hippy holes

If anything should come of the recession however long it may last - I cant see the existing framework for government changing too much - it should be an awareness of how useless wastes of resources such as this rely completely on some sort of party incentive.

The unapologetic nature of party policy debating and dealing is what disgusts me - fix your agenda to guarantee your voting base/partners, sweeten with whatever throwaway pubic works/policy bending and continue with no sense of objective.
    phasers wrote: »

I don't give a fcuk about bikes or greenhouse emmissions, I care about being able to afford food. **** off with your taxes and shove them up your fat hippy holes

I hope middle class environmental hysteria goes along with it over the next few years. One less thing to get in the way of discussion.

phasers wrote: »

We can tie Fianna Fail onto them! The extra weight :D will pull the Greens down faster. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

efla wrote: »

any lunatic who voted for FF has alot to answer for!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

All those politicians should be taken out ,put against a wall and put out of their misery.

The Irish are great to grumble and give out about everything but when action needs to be taken they fade away and actually turn on the people who try to right the wrongs .
    Its bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

in any other country, there would have been people taking to the streets, full on civil uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Its a total joke!the carry on of the lot of them on the last day of the dail (over 2 months ago) was a disgrace..laughting,joking and taking the p1ss out of each other.Labour,Sf and FG are no better ,i didnt hear a work from them over any of the expenses stories over the summer..SCUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The hospital i work in is having all it's services downgraded and is going to function eventually as a geriatric hospital - despite being the only hospital in the county serving a huge population.

A colleague from India is totally amazed, he says it wouldn't happen in his country because the people would go absolutely crazy climbing government buildings and generally causing mayhem. The Irish people just make their opinion known and hold placards, and that's it. Everything is too peaceful and quiet. Then, when the cuts are made there is no more about it - it is just accepted by the people and the government know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

You're very correct - and this is the problem with this country. Irish people are far, FAR too laid back. Could you imagine how this **** would go down in France? Absolute anarchy.

I think a mass, country-wide protest should be organised.. But without a set list of er, "demands", it's hard to do something productive bar saying "we're pissed off".

So OP, what would you suggest needs to be done? As in, if you were completely in charge of the country for one day, and had only one day before things returned to normal; what would you change?

Would you call for a new election, politicians to take pay cuts, funding to cease on certain programs in order to supply more "worthy" programs.. etc etc.

And who wants to start the thread for deciding a date ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The Govt has an approval rating of 11%. I think the people have 'woken up'. If there was an election tomorrow FF would lose very badly.

I am delighted this cycle lane is being built. I can't see what on earth it has to do with anything else? We need decent cycling facilities in the Dublin to reduce traffic in the city center. This is a start. The Irish Daily Mail latched on to it today and linked to to the crevcial cancer issue. The are no fans of the Green party or progressive politics generally so that is no surprise.

There are plenty of other areas of public spending that could be looked at. Cycling facilities is a very soft target. Its a pity some as so blinded by their hatred of the Greens to see that it is infact it is one of the most economically efficient transport investments.

• Advertisement

well as pains as it is to say it, the quickest way to get rid of them is to vote no to lisbon. Cowen position would be completly untainable then, to lose to referenda in less then 18 months on the same issue is endgame im afraid.

Seriously, ff will never leave power unless some scandal hits, they will brazen it out for as long as possible. but we live in a country where in the last local elections 25% still voted for them, thats 1 in 4, they will do the same again.

Another think im sick of people saying sure the other crowd are useless yada, yada, well they havent been in power in over 12 years, also they brought in free fees, who is taking them away.

Give them a chance is what i say, they fixed the country in the eighties after ff destroyed it then, they can do it again.

Boards beers protest. Seriously whats the user count on this site now? It would easily get press coverage if the Irish internet revolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    The Govt has an approval rating of 11%. I think the people have 'woken up'. If there was an election tomorrow FF would lose very badly.

Yeah, but there's not going to be an election tomorrow. The people aren't yelling for it and aren't going to. By the time the next general election comes around this might well be a distant memory, FF will promise the world on a silver platter to the voters, and they'll probs get voted in again. Rinse, repeat.

bonzos wrote: »
    any lunatic who voted for FF has alot to answer for!!!!

No doubt some do, but the all-party consensus on economic growth before the last general was 4.5% pa. The coalition makeup wouldn't have mattered one bit - they still would have had constituents to pander to and partners to pull in line

It sounded great at the time, and what did anyone know about capital adequacy before this happened? Dan Boyle, I think, was one of the first to ask 'where were the [as it happened, many] economists before all of this went wrong' in response to Brian Lucey - makes you wonder if there is any dialogue between state departments at all - or what their senior members qualifications are.

Although, I cant deny a round up of FF voters could remove a substantial proportion of the problem. Perhaps restricted voting rights? :)
    ScumLord wrote: »
    Boards beers protest. Seriously whats the user count on this site now? It would easily get press coverage if the Irish internet revolted.

That would make for a great headline :) 'Internet revolts against government'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I have no doubt that Ireland need a lot of things but at a time when cut backs are being made, the last to go should be THEE more essential services.
    Cutting these but still forking out for the clearly lesser important RIGHT NOW items, is madness and an obvious case for claiming that the priorities of this state is so screwed up, we can't no longer think straight.

Lets get back to building bike roads when we get further back on our feet - but until then the more common sense and decent thing to do would be to save on average 78 lives a year with the money instead.
    I don't see anything wrong in linking lives with bikes. Both are costing the state money - but one is bloody damn more important than the other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

kelle wrote: »
    The Irish people just make their opinion known and hold placards, and that's it. Everything is too peaceful and quiet.

Well then what would you want them to do? Start causing mayhem?

All that's gonna get you is a crack of a baton and a headache the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,507 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stop moaning guys, c'mon, we all know that our money is needed much much more
    in far off places like Africa. We need to keep this going, 900+ million Euro a year goes abroad, sure how do you expect our own to be also entitled to 9 million Euro for vaccines?
    We're not bloody made of money!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

bluewolf wrote: »
    The people aren't yelling for it and aren't going to.

Seems to be a lot of people yelling for it here. Plus the both the Labour Party and Sinn Fein have called for a general election. FG seem more reluctant granted.

Its that people are sitting back here criticizing others for 'inaction'. Why don't you go out your to Kildare Street tomorrow and start a protest? Don't sit back and wait for other to do it and then moan it they don't!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

efla wrote: »

i'm pretty sure, when i am king, they WILL be first against the wall

• Advertisement

there needs to be a mass protest and the only way to achieve large numbers is with the unions.
    until then You can start on saturday, there is a march against nama an ff bailout of there developer friends more info here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=233861925262

Advertisement