Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously - Will The Irish Public Please cop The Hell On!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 paulie22315

Biggins wrote: »
    I rant and rave and a lot of the time, I am wrong.
    - But seriously, how stupid and lazy, arsed too complacent and does the Irish people have to be to let our government to get away with their latest crap?

I have had to help lead a national campaign to see that the wards and theatres in Crumlin Hospital don't further close down more. €9 million was the price just too keep the doors open, the lights on and MEDICAL staff working.
    Other concerned people have had to fight tool and nail for cervical cancer inoculations for our next generation of Irish citizens. The cost of that was just under €9 million and on average would save 78 lives a year!
    The government TD's refuse so much to take ANY form of pay cuts AT ALL or enact anything that will effect their UN-vouched, gravy train expenses scandal. So blatant and two fingers up into the face of the Irish people are they, that they bring also about the resignation of an internationally recognised man who fought them tooth and nail for five years with his staff!

They claimed they couldn't find the money for the Hospital!
    They claimed they couldn't find the money for the inoculations!
    They claimed they couldn't survive if THEY took cuts themselves (but expects EVERY other person in the nation to!)

Yet - NOW (Thursday) they announce that they are spending €10 million Euro to build a 7km bike path through Dublin (to pacify the Greens and keep them on side and thus THEMSELVES in power).

My question to this forum is:

When the fcuk will the bony arsed, lazy, dumb sheep of this country start to see the morally corrupt shower that is running/ruining this country and when are we going to finally get rid of them!

Its fcuking disgusting whats going on! :mad:
    i agree,ppl gettin 26,000 salary a year having to take a paycut, and these bunch of criminal degenerate greedy ****bags swan around,spittin in the face of the common man.refusing to take a paycut,then telling you on 26 grand you are livin way beyond ur means? its anger enough that air would seep through the ground into the lungs of michael collins who has rolled over in the grave many times by now,and to come back to life,burst through the ground and choke the lot of em......criminals in ireland in lmerick arent a patch

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I take your point and I agree with you. What is angering and frustrating is NOT that the issue is about just a bike track but about the fact that they can find money for such items when they say they can't find it for other items AT ALL.

You should know better than heed what they say, taking health cuts out on provisions relating to any transport may be understandable but it's misdirected.

That is the angering hypocrisy part on the part of the government.
    My apologies if I appear to be angry towards cyclists. Not the intention.
    I (and many like me) are indeed angry at the government and its constant lies.

At a time when there's a long and growing list of clear examples of waste, attacking cycling isn't going help you. You seem to be very focused on cycling when there is such a growing list of waste.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Cycling to where?!!! People are getting laid off left right and centre. Come on man!

Traffic may be down, but Dublin still has quite a bit of traffic and that's even before the third level colleges are back.

I can only imagine the pain of somebody who has lost their job, but traffic solutions need to be put into place before or while the economy is recovering. Finding traffic solutions is directly related to productive and quality of life, it's directly related to making Dublin attractive to current and future employers. As this track is leisure related too, that's a another plus for quality of life and tourism.

I appreciate the general idea of all of this but it's just not needed right now. This is supposed to be a time of crisis with no amount of expenditure being safe from a cut.

You don't seem to appreciate the general idea at all.

Unless you're suggesting the transport budget be scrapped totally?

These cycle lanes just are not important right now and these benefits (if any) won't be seen for decades.

A list of things that would start to happen straight away:
    1. Since running costs wise cycling is the cheapest form of transport, cycling will be of direct and very quick benefit to the many who have to still commute to work or college, or elsewhere.
    2. For every driver who switches to cycling, even a few days a week, that's one more car off the road -- again this is a direct and quick benefit.
    3. Any switch from car to bicycle use is again a direct and quick benefit when it comes to air and noise pollution.
    4. Being active starts to have a direct affect straight away, it grows in time... even if it the full results "won't be seen for decades" when do you suggest starting? When, for example, do you suggest we start tackling obesity?
    5. And I'm quite unsure what you mean by "benefits (if any)", are you trying to dispute that being more active is healthy for people?
    6. The great thing about more people walking or cycling is that it has a direct affect on safety. This safety in number theory has been proven again and again. This starts straight away, and the more safe it is the more inclined more people are to cycle.
    Sorry but if I was living in West Cork or North Mayo or wherever and I saw Dublin getting 10million on a cycle track while the rest of the country was decimated then I'd be very pissed off. I'm a Dubliner and could totally empathise with the anger expressed by people from elsewhere in the country.

The problem is -- even if you don't agree with the cycle lane -- the attitude is the same no matter what. If it's Luas, buses, Dart or motorways. It's Dublin vs elsewhere. Are you agreeing with the attitude in generally or just for cycling provisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Yet - NOW (Thursday) they announce that they are spending €10 million Euro to build a 7km bike path through Dublin (to pacify the Greens and keep them on side and thus THEMSELVES in power).

Although I have sympathy for your cause, you lost a lot of weight to your argument with this ridiculous statement.
    This one-off payment is incredibly important to the long-term health of the citizens of Dublin, young and old, and is to be applauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

There's more people unemployed now, than there was in 1986, and the only way people posting here can criticise the op is his criticism of the gov't spending of €10 million on a cycle lane. No offence, I think the hundreds of millions spent on absolute shite waited against this expenditure, is much worse. Personally, I think Irish people (and I am Irish) are absolutely foolish, and you would want to be mad to stay here. I can't wait to get out of this shit-hole, there's nothing here except debt, dole and mingers!
    Fuck Cowen, Fuck FF, FG, Labour, Sinn Fein, Fuck FÁS, Fuck it all, Japan beckons!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Although I have sympathy for your cause, you lost a lot of weight to your argument with this ridiculous statement.
    This one-off payment is incredibly important to the long-term health of the citizens of Dublin, young and old, and is to be applauded.

O' I do applaud it but its timing is particularly bad when used as evidence in the face of the lies of FF that they cannot find such money right now.
    THAT is the point and oblivious some are still not getting that point but are distracted by misreading what is being posted.
    Clearly some are not getting what I am posting, WHAT I HAVE SAID REPEATEDLY, jeasus. Here is is in BOLD print!!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CYCLING -
    They claimed they couldn't survive if THEY took cuts themselves (but expects EVERY other person in the nation to!)
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT CYCLING PER SAY - ITS ABOUT LIES! LIE ONE DAY AND DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE THE NEXT.
    LIES,
    MONEY GRABBING FROM THE PUBLIC,
    FIRING THOSE OTHER SCAPEGOATS WHO OVER SPEND AND CREATE BIG EXPENSES,
    - BUT DON'T TOUCH THE TD'S WHO IS MILKING IT AND MAKING FOOLS OF YE ALL 10 TIMES AS MUCH DAILY.
    THAT'S ME AND YOU! - IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY, THE HYPOCRISY AND THE LIES.

Its also not that mad to think that they need every vote they can get right now. They are doing everything to hang onto power by their fingernails.
    O'' look they announce a non-pollution solution RIGHT BEFORE the Greens take their next round of talks about Lisbon and the partnership with FF this weekend. The leaders of the Green party can once again go to their basic members and claim "See FF are listening to us and doing things for us - continue to support us and stop leaving the party!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Fianna Fail is an institution like the GAA and the Catholic Church. Irish people will vote FF regardless. FF have never managed the economy well. The Celtic tiger was down to the property boom which is unique to only a few countries in the world not FF intervention.

There has been no regulations of the politicians Dev Haughey Bertie et al, never mind the banking sector.

Irish people are like zombie sheep would this happen in France or Germany?

+1

for many many people , especially the elderly , voting for fianna fail is not a choice , in fact the majority of people in ireland vote based on one criteria, who thier family tree votes for, this is especially true in rural ireland where a donkey running for fianna fail would top the poll running against barrack obama running for the likes of labour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

irish_bob wrote: »
    +1

for many many people , especially the elderly , voting for fianna fail is not a choice , in fact the majority of people in ireland vote based on one criteria, who thier family tree votes for, this is especially true in rural ireland where a donkey running for fianna fail would top the poll running against barrack obama running for the likes of labour

I'll have you know that Jack A. Donkey helped my family out with the planning permission for their septic tank years back, and whats more my great grandaddy fought alongside Jack T. Donkey in the civil war and the family have always voted Donkey in this household. And sure so what if they're fiddling their expenses, sure isn't it only coming from that crowd in Dublin eh?

There'll be none of that fancy "change" stuff voted for here, sure aren't we grand the way we were to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

skelliser wrote: »
    well as pains as it is to say it, the quickest way to get rid of them is to vote no to lisbon. Cowen position would be completly untainable then, to lose to referenda in less then 18 months on the same issue is endgame im afraid.

They won't quit if they lose the Lisbon vote. We voted them in. Why would they give back the ministerial salaries, pensions, cars, expenses?

Go out and vote when the next election comes around. It's amazing how many don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lc21

You do realise that the countries broke? Regardless of what parties are in power, cuts will be made and taxes will increase. Not defending FF's part in creating the situation, but it's a reality which we'll have to accept.

What!are you hypnotized ?you don't have to accept anything your not happy with,every country, well most stand up and protest to what their not happy about' even if the country's broke..Is Brian Cowen and his party broke??It's only the begining of the recession and theve hit hard on everything the could it will only get worse and worse if we let it,im not saying protests will make everything allright but it might stop them in their tracks before the do more damage......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Unfortunately if there an election tomorrow, the day after and the day after that, FF would be voted back in. They and their supporters are kunts, tribal drum banging gombeen men-cute hoor kunts who deserve a severe hiding. Thats what wrong and the docile obediant Irish who take it all on the chin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

kincsem wrote: »
    Go out and vote when the next election comes around. It's amazing how many don't.
    It's even more amazing that people actually will vote for them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

kincsem wrote: »
    They won't quit if they lose the Lisbon vote. We voted them in. Why would they give back the ministerial salaries, pensions, cars, expenses?

Agreed - I don't think a government has ever stepped down due to losing a referendum, so why on earth anyone would expect this government to do so is beyond me! The local elections didn't seem to phase them, didn't shake anything major up, why would Lisbon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

In fairness (and this is all OT btw) whatever science is relevant, is the science that you believe. Both sides claim to 'prove' their argument, and both sides of said argument are held up by acclaimed scientists. I'm not gonna bother trawling for links, but you know its true.

No, this is NOT true. The idea that the scientists are still debating whether the warming climate is caused by humans is a media myth. The science is settled on that one. I have already posted a link to demonstrate that.

The people who claim that climate change isn't caused by humans are, you may notice, mostly people who harbour some prejudice against "green types" and are afraid that their cars will be taken away. Real skeptics are swayed by science not money or prejudice.
    monument wrote: »
    Question climate change if you want, but the affect air and noise pollution from motored traffic has on humans has been proven (both make the city less attractive too). And even if you don't believe that, getting more people cycling has clear health benefits. Obesity is one of main health problems the nation faces, but it goes far beyond that, being regularly active is beneficial generally to people's physical and mental heath in the short and long term.

The science on man-made climate change is equally, if not more solid (i.e. widely agreed) than the science that demonstrates a link between motor vehicles and public health.

Build a road, people will drive on it. Build a cycle track, the same people will drive alongside it.

There are already numerous cycle lanes in and around Dublin - most of which are empty the majority of the time.

If fairness, a cycle lane does not encourage people to cycle, or promote cycling in any way. Its just a way to provide a slightly safer option for something you could already do.

If they want people to cycle, instead of using their cars, they need to provide incentives. Like the communal bicycle thing they're planning, or fully covered cycle tracks to keep you out of the rain.

I don't see many people suddenly deciding to cycle to work, unless they could be guaranteed to arrive dry, and not smelling like a dead fish - if there are no showers in the office. Plus, where do you put the bike when you get there?

I do see many people suddenly deciding to cycle to work, and so do the statistics. The incentives are inherent to cycling - no gridlock, health benefits, way cheaper, few if any parking problems. The only think holding most people back is the perception that Dublin is dangerous for cycling. That's what cycle lanes are for.

It is in our interest. The cost of driving is only going to rise from here on. And you don't "need" showers in the office.
    whycliff wrote: »
    Its a part of their culture in those countries to cycle... Its not the kind of thing that can change over night..
    It has to be gradually ontroduced into our lifestyles and work place.

Yeah, by building things like cycle lanes. are you arguing that the pace of change should be so slow that we should do nothing at all to promote cycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Stop fcuking moaning and get a job you bunch of losers!! I'm sick of listening to people moan. It was all the fcuking idiots jumping on the property band wagon that got this country in this mess.

Here's a solution: buy 440,000 dust pans and brushes and hand them out to all the poor unfortunate gob****es who have no job and a 500,000 mortgage for a shoe box and make them get up off their arses and earn their dole money so the hard working people don't have to carry their dead weight around anymore.

This country is a joke. Everyone sitting around waiting for the next band wagon to come around so you can all jump on and masturbate over each other. And to think the government are talking about Ireland being a knowledge based economy? Lol what a joke!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

20goto10 - in fairness, your sentiments I would have wholly agreed with 5-10 years ago. But now, not so much.

There are 1000's of people after losing jobs relatively recently, and are claiming unemployment benefit. Its not their weight we were carrying, as they were just like us not so long ago.
    No, this is NOT true. The idea that the scientists are still debating whether the warming climate is caused by humans is a media myth. The science is settled on that one. I have already posted a link to demonstrate that.

http://www.climatechangefacts.info/

Here's one site that boats scientific evidence supporting both sides, one site for global warming, and their sister site for global cooling.

Please don't believe everything you read / hear in the media, then find a link to 'prove' your point.

From the site:
    It is generally accepted that the Earth has been much warmer than today, for example, in the time of the dinosaurs (the mid-cretaceous period) when the CO2 was 2 to 4 times greater than today (NOAA). More recently, in the prior period between ice ages, just 125,000 years ago, the Earth also was much warmer than today and the sea level much higher - by about 13 to 20 feet (4 to 6 meters) (IPCC)
    It is also known that mankind's contribution to CO2 is just a small percent (3%) of the total amount

I could continue quoting and posting links, but I fear my facts may be lost on you.

I do see many people suddenly deciding to cycle to work, and so do the statistics. The incentives are inherent to cycling - no gridlock, health benefits, way cheaper, few if any parking problems. The only think holding most people back is the perception that Dublin is dangerous for cycling. That's what cycle lanes are for.

It is in our interest. The cost of driving is only going to rise from here on. And you don't "need" showers in the office.

Eh, I don't. If you have briefcases / equipment to bring to work, most are unlikely to cycle. I for one definitely would not cycle to work unless I could shower, but I have no shower in my office.

Perception of Dublin being dangerous for cycling? - you must wish you didn't post that considering a cyclist was killed on the quays yesterday morning :rolleyes:

20goto10 wrote: »
    Stop fcuking moaning and get a job you bunch of losers!! I'm sick of listening to people moan. It was all the fcuking idiots jumping on the property band wagon that got this country in this mess.

Here's a solution: buy 440,000 dust pans and brushes and hand them out to all the poor unfortunate gob****es who have no job and a 500,000 mortgage for a shoe box and make them get up off their arses and earn their dole money so the hard working people don't have to carry their dead weight around anymore.

This country is a joke. Everyone sitting around waiting for the next band wagon to come around so you can all jump on and masturbate over each other. And to think the government are talking about Ireland being a knowledge based economy? Lol what a joke!!!

I think we have a winner!!!
    That's right ladies and gentlement: The most ridiculous post made on boards Award!!!
    What do we have for him Jim?
    A tirade of posts denouncing one of the most ridiculous, illadvised statements made regarding the recession to the point that only a 12 year old could ever post such a comment!:rolleyes:

The only intelligent observation that you've managed to make in that post is:
    20goto10 wrote:
    This country is a joke.
    I agree with you here, but not for the same reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd like to know if 20goto10 would take up his own suggestion if he was in the unfortunate situation of being unemployed. I think I know the answer, and it certainly won't be the "answer" he gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'd like to know if 20goto10 would take up his own suggestion if he was in the unfortunate situation of being unemployed. I think I know the answer, and it certainly won't be the "answer" he gives.

Yeah I'd stay in bed with my laptop and broadband (funny how people can afford such luxuries!) and bitch about everyone and everything but myself. After all it wouldn't be my fault I'm in the lower 10% of the workforce, it's the governments fault!

Yeah I'd stay in bed with my laptop and broadband (funny how people can afford such luxuries!) and bitch about everyone and everything but myself. After all it wouldn't be my fault I'm in the lower 10% of the workforce, it's the governments fault!

What's that... I smell a...

• Advertisement

Stop fcuking moaning and get a job you bunch of losers!! I'm sick of listening to people moan...
    You know where the airports are then. Maybe you should go then - but hang on!
    Aren't you moaning about the moaners! :confused:
    Does that mean your sick of listening to yourself too? :confused:
    It was all the fcuking idiots jumping on the property band wagon that got this country in this mess.
    Partly true - them and the shower of crooks in the Dail.
    Here's a solution: buy 440,000 dust pans and brushes...
    Inventive! That will help an Irish business somewhere if we buy Irish! ;)
    ...hand them out to all the poor unfortunate gob****es who have no job...
    So they are unfortunate... that makes them a gob****e?
    I'm sure all of us including your good self has been "unfortunate" sometime.
    I guess that makes us all gob****es. :D
    ...a 500,000 mortgage for a shoe box...
    Must be a hell of a pair of Jimmy Choo's!
    ...make them get up off their arses...
    Wot! Have you been looking at 440,000 arses lately, to see them sitting?
    Strange past time. Try train spotting instead.
    ...earn their dole money...
    A lot did already - they paid their PRSI contributions, tax, etc!
    Jeeze, some are only getting back what they paid into a national scheme.
    Christ - maybe they should be sorry for even asking! :rolleyes:
    ...so the hard working people don't have to carry their dead weight around anymore.
    I prefer that than a chip on my shoulder!
    This country is a joke.
    Crappy joke to be honest. Too short and no punchline!
    Everyone sitting around...
    There you go, looking at their arses again. We're getting worried about you!
    ...waiting for the next band wagon to come around...
    Hi Ho Silver! I have the theme music to "Bonanza" stuck in my head for some reason!
    ...so you can all jump on and masturbate over each other...
    Ooo! Free pearl necklaces for all!
    ...And to think the government are talking about Ireland being a knowledge based economy? Lol what a joke!!!
    I'm telling you right now - you tell crappy jokes!

Go back to class and get a proper education/awakening
    Or
    Go back to comedy school. You jokes are crap!
    Or
    Just go back to the race track and ask your trainer to remove the blinkers!
    (With all your moaning about the moaners, your going to be a bit horse anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I rant and rave and a lot of the time, I am wrong.
    - But seriously, how stupid and lazy, arsed too complacent and does the Irish people have to be to let our government to get away with their latest crap?

I have had to help lead a national campaign to see that the wards and theatres in Crumlin Hospital don't further close down more. €9 million was the price just too keep the doors open, the lights on and MEDICAL staff working.
    Other concerned people have had to fight tool and nail for cervical cancer inoculations for our next generation of Irish citizens. The cost of that was just under €9 million and on average would save 78 lives a year!
    The government TD's refuse so much to take ANY form of pay cuts AT ALL or enact anything that will effect their UN-vouched, gravy train expenses scandal. So blatant and two fingers up into the face of the Irish people are they, that they bring also about the resignation of an internationally recognised man who fought them tooth and nail for five years with his staff!

My question to this forum is:

When the fcuk will the bony arsed, lazy, dumb sheep of this country start to see the morally corrupt shower that is running/ruining this country and when are we going to finally get rid of them!

Its fcuking disgusting whats going on! :mad:

meh

http://www.climatechangefacts.info/

Here's one site that boats scientific evidence supporting both sides, one site for global warming, and their sister site for global cooling.

Please don't believe everything you read / hear in the media, then find a link to 'prove' your point.
    I didn't link to a media outlet. I linked to this. Your link does not even try to disprove AGW.
    From the site:
    That's misleading. The 3% figure only accounts for CO2 emissions from burning of fossil fuels. It does not count emissions from land-use change or human-induced positive feedbacks.

I could continue quoting and posting links, but I fear my facts may be lost on you.
    Here are two facts apparently lost on you:
    - to deny the AGW theory you have to say that more or less every major scientific institution in the world is wrong.
    - to deny the AGW theory you have to think that it's worth the risk of being wrong about it.

Eh, I don't.
    Well I do but it's a matter of personal experience.
    Perception of Dublin being dangerous for cycling? - you must wish you didn't post that considering a cyclist was killed on the quays yesterday morning :rolleyes:
    You think that's funny? The statistics, including yesterday's accident have shown a decrease in cyclist injuries and fatalities in Dublin and indeed the country as a whole. This can be credited, IMO to projects like the port tunnel and motorways removing trucks from the streets. Trucks cause the vast majority of serious injury and death to cyclists. The average motorist in a car poses very little threat.

If you think a man being killed yesterday suddenly makes Dublin officially dangerous, that is merely perception not fact. It doesn't give me much faith in your ability to divide your personal interests from objective analysis of climate science.

0ubliette wrote: »
    meh

Great advantageous reply to the current thread. I'll take your reply under considerable study and return with a heavily weighted policy document!

The cost: €106,000 a year, unlimited unvouched expenses and a bung from a bulider.
    Happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Húrin wrote: »
    I didn't link to a media outlet. I linked to this. Your link does not even try to disprove AGW.

Nope, but it tries to prove the other argument just the same.

That's misleading. The 3% figure only accounts for CO2 emissions from burning of fossil fuels. It does not count emissions from land-use change or human-induced positive feedbacks.

Never the less, the statistic still holds true that there is less CO2 than there used to be.

If anything, your links for 'proving' AGW are seriously misleading - by negating the facts that don't help their theory.

Nobody is denying the planet is heating up, people (like yourself) are seriously misled as to what the real reasons for it are though.

Here are two facts apparently lost on you:
    - to deny the AGW theory you have to say that more or less every major scientific institution in the world is wrong.
    - to deny the AGW theory you have to think that it's worth the risk of being wrong about it.

Or for your side of the argument, you completely dismiss the institutions that give alternate reasoning for climate change. Scaremongering is all you are doing.

You think that's funny? The statistics, including yesterday's accident have shown a decrease in cyclist injuries and fatalities in Dublin and indeed the country as a whole. This can be credited, IMO to projects like the port tunnel and motorways removing trucks from the streets. Trucks cause the vast majority of serious injury and death to cyclists. The average motorist in a car poses very little threat.

If you think a man being killed yesterday suddenly makes Dublin officially dangerous, that is merely perception not fact.

Did I laugh anywhere?? Considering I quoted your use of the word 'perception', its interesting that you have now basically contradicted yourself by using the word to argue against me???
    It doesn't give me much faith in your ability to divide your personal interests from objective analysis of climate science.

Exactly what does climate change have to do with roads being dangerous for cyclists?

Seriously, stop believing all of the scaremongering of the 'world is going to end' global warming & climate change brigade. There is enough evidence to substantiate an argument for or against.

Nope, but it tries to prove the other argument just the same.
    Climate scientists take into account the evidence that points to a purely natural process. This evidence certainly exists, but is very much outweighed by the evidence that the current climate change is man-made.
    Never the less, the statistic still holds true that there is less CO2 than there used to be.
    Of course, there was more CO2 when the atmosphere was hotter than now.
    If anything, your links for 'proving' AGW are seriously misleading - by negating the facts that don't help their theory.
    I only provided one link, which was not directly to scientific information. Are you charging the listed institutions with ignoring peer-reviewed scientific facts?
    Nobody is denying the planet is heating up, people (like yourself) are seriously misled as to what the real reasons for it are though.
    Misled by who? The vast majority of climate scientists?

Or for your side of the argument, you completely dismiss the institutions that give alternate reasoning for climate change. Scaremongering is all you are doing.
    Most of the institutions cited (e.g. NASA) subscribe to the AGW theory.
    Scientific institutions that reject the AGW theory are very thin on the ground indeed.

I am not a scientist. Are you? I would rather trust the scientists than my own very basic understanding of the evidence. Deniers on the other hand think that they know what they're talking about, and climate scientists don't.

Is this alternate theory for the changing climate strong enough to justify doing nothing to mitigate emissions? Is it good enough to risk the AGW theory being correct?
    Did I laugh anywhere?? Considering I quoted your use of the word 'perception', its interesting that you have now basically contradicted yourself by using the word to argue against me???
    My point is that writing as if cycling has somehow become far more dangerous once a man has been killed on a bike is a flawed perception, rather than a factual analysis of the dangers of cycling. Pedestrians and car drivers get killed every week in Ireland. Yet few reconsider going out for a walk or a drive. That's what I mean. The perception of the danger of cycling is so wildly out of proportion to the actual risk.
    Exactly what does climate change have to do with roads being dangerous for cyclists?
    Not much, but your inability to differentiate between your perception and the statistics leads me to this pessimissm about your ability to analyse.

You see counter-arguments to the AGW theory and so you perceive that it's a 50/50 debate. When the numbers of insitutions, scientists and journals are laid out they overwhelmingly support AGW, but since this doesn't match your perception you dismiss it. I'm not immune to this myself either of course.
    Seriously, stop believing all of the scaremongering of the 'world is going to end' global warming & climate change brigade. There is enough evidence to substantiate an argument for or against.
    Where did I say that the world was going to end? I don't like that statement myself. If there was the volume of evidence for the "it's a natural cycle" argument, there would be significant numbers of scientists subscribing to it. There would be institutions. There would be peer-reviewed journals. As it happens there only appear to be websites. The evidence isn't there. I have demonstrated that it's not a 50/50 debate.

I have no financial or other interest in AGW being correct. Which is more than can be said for a lot of deniers of AGW.

My main motive is that I don't think we as a society can take the risk of acting as if AGW is false.

Advertisement