Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with WRT54GL

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up internet on Linksys WRT54GL, i get as far as step 7 on the installation and it just asks to input password - i type anything (tried admin, ADMIN and few other random words) and it just goes back to step 7 again. I tried to access router through the web http://192.168.1.1 but it just times out (can't ping it either). Some how my laptop connects to the internet through Ethernet, but i don't get access to the web based configuration, keeps timing out. anyone have any idea what to do to get it fully working ? or at least how to get as far as web configuration?

Btw: ISP - ntl, Laptop is on vista

AND

Tried to install the router on XP machine, i get the error saying cannot connect to the router...

So, maybe router is faulty or i'm doing something totally wrong ?

Thanks for your help!
    Darius

Advertisement