Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Mortgage

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

A friend went to an open day of an appartment block two beds for 170k , there was a mortgage broker there cornering people on the way out ,He has very savings and the broker goes dont worry i can get you the whole lot the price by "roping" the deposit into the mortgage? Is this dodgy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure what is meant, but 100% mortgages are less than sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Say you buy the house for €170k, you'll need a deposit of 8%. If you dont have the deposit the dodgy mortgage broker and dodgy EA will say you bought the house for €185k, the bank will then allow you to get a mortgage of €170200, which is 92% LTV. The EA will then give the broker a letter saying you have already paid the €14.8K as a deposit, which you didn't, thats all the bank (probably) need.

Its illegal and wont work unless your solicitor is a crook as well. I'd tell the broker to F.O. and report him.

Advertisement