Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best societies to join????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

This thread has quite a mix of, nasty, funny, sympathetic and feel good posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

OP is troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

OP is troll.

or (going by other posts)

naive, partial to overuse of punctuation and gets hurt very easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

OP is troll.

Eh i can assure you I am not a troll I am probably too hot for you, you don't even know who I am and you have never seen me so keep your comments to yourself sorry for being mean but you deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Best Socs- small socs that have a soul, great craic to be had in them. Examples, history soc, classics soc, French soc, all the language socs are good, archaeology soc, philosophy soc, the nerdy sci- fi ones are really good too.

Worst socs are the big corporate socs, there events are big but like lectures so you will meet no new friends, these include, L&H, C&E, B&L, Q Soc and some of the other bigger ones as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Eh i can assure you I am not a troll I am probably too hot for you, you don't even know who I am and you have never seen me so keep your comments to yourself sorry for being mean but you deserve it
    he didnt mean literally, at least i hope he didnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Definitely a troll.

Eh i can assure you I am not a troll I am probably too hot for you,

Steady on, Mrs...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

this thread is epic

point proven, except for the punctuation remark :rolleyes:

edit: someone who knows what 'OP' is but misinterprets a troll, hmm...

• Advertisement

Worst socs are the big corporate socs, there events are big but like lectures so you will meet no new friends, these include, L&H, C&E, B&L, Q Soc and some of the other bigger ones as well.

Made plenty of friends in B&L, L&H, Law Soc and Q Soc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

My apologies.

Jev/N wrote: »
    Made plenty of friends in B&L, L&H, Law Soc and Q Soc :D

Your one of 'those' ;)

Your one of 'those' ;)

:p

Oh and it's you're

Oh and it's you're

In the ghetto where I am from, unlike rich B&L D4's we spell how we talk. I'd invite you to the ghetto but I'd fear for your life, we can smell outsiders a mile away;):D

Oh and it's you're

Oh, and it's you're

:D

In the ghetto where I am from, unlike rich B&L D4's we spell how we talk. I'd invite you to the ghetto but I'd fear for your life, we can smell outsiders a mile away;):D

Well this thread has gone way off topic!

I'm not gonna get into the whole "D4" argument as it's just idiotic - by the way I'm from the country

dyl10 wrote: »
    Oh, and it's you're

Sorry, I tend not to use commas beside conjunctions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'd think the best socieity to join would be one that you have an interest in.

Sorry, I tend not to use commas beside conjunctions

Where is the full stop:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    I'd think the best socieity to join would be one that you have an interest in.

Sense

Where is the full stop:pac::pac:

Exactly, they're underused here!

Back to the original point, if in fact the OP is a real person, kateos2 has the right idea but if you just looking for sex and alcohol, any will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Psst...there's a Pimp my Society thread stickied in this forum,check there!

Sorry to be a pedantic ****er, but what's the h in ghetto for so?

Surely Getto is how its pronounced?

Also, speaking as someone who had nothing to do with societies for 2/3 of his degree, and practically ran a society for his last year, working with/for a society opens you up to so many extra opportunities in college. Regardless of which society you do help out with, you will make good friends, who you wouldn't have otherwise.

Pick a society that roughly deals with something you may have some interest in, approach their stand next week and say you're interested in helping out. If you even put 2 hours work in over the next full year, you will reap many benefits and rewards!

Emmet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I dont suppose anybody knows much about the animal rights society by any chance?

Btw, OP, you have pretty much asked for every single offensive remark which has been directed at you in this thread.
    You are being awfully touchy and need to chill out; this is just a bleedin internet forum after all. If your feelings are being hurt badly by people who have never seen nor met you before, I cant imagine what sort of state you are in in real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

like omg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

dyl10 wrote: »
    Oh, and it's you're

Oh, and its you're.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Oh, and its you're.
    You mean something is possessing me?

Off to the Paranormal forum I go. :pac:

Is there a non-drinkers society? Do they do pub crawls? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Might I humbly suggest the Secular Humanist Society? To be know as secsoc.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

S&M Soc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement