Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank student overdraft

Options
  • 10-09-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey there.

Over a week ago I needed to withdrew money from my Ulster Bank service card. I went into overdraft of 70euro or so.

I was expecting a huge fee. Maybe €2 for every euro overdrawn.
    Since I have put plenty money back in.

I still havent been fined! Is it possible that theres an interest free overdraft for students?
    Seems unlikely. They were throwing the cards out and didnt need any guarantor or anything.

Then i saw this http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/student-graduate-accounts.ashx

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

UB Student a/c can have an interest free over draft. But only if you asked for one.

If you took the money from an ATM then you must have some kind of overdraft. If you used the Lazer function of the card they have let the account go over drawn to acc them transactions. Normally you'll be charged 4.44 for going in excess of your limit. A simple call to your branch will answer your question better.

Advertisement