Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC TP2 - Best Place to Buy

• 10-09-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get my paws on an HTC TouchPro 2 (though I'm also looking at the upcoming Samsung Omnia Pro), and Im trying to avoid getting fleeced on the price of a SIM-Free handset.

None of the carriers here, that I know of, are going to be stocking this phone.
    Carphone Warehouse are about as helpful as a screen door on a sub (they flat out said no, not even offering to order in the one I want), so they're clearly not going to be stocking it either.
    Asside from one slightly dodgy place, there are no other stores in the area, or surrounding area that I know of, that could possibly get this handset, which leads me to conclude I'll have to shop online for it.

Amazon.co.uk stock it, but refuse point-blank to ship to any country in the EU.
    Expansys has it at an ungodly inflated price (£499 / €525), not including shipping for which they charge an extra £16 for.
    Komplett doesnt have it, or seem to stock any HTC phones.

Anyone where who has this phone, where did you buy it from?
    Would it be cheaper for me to just pick one up next time I'm in the UK from a retail store?
    Where's the best online store to buy decent phones without paying the 'paddy tax'.

Advertisement